Eric S'ennui

The Marvels | November 10, 2023 | Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter

Critical reviews on Rotten Tomatoes are at 61% fresh, but the RT audience score is higher at 85% — which is promising, however, the die-hards always come out on Thursday night. Thursday night PostTrak exits from ComScore/Screen Engine were severe for general audiences at 3.5 stars, but 4 1/2 stars from parents and 5 stars from kids under 12. That said, kids and parents combined only repped 9% of last night’s audience. The Marvels skewed guys at 63% with men over 25 the biggest turnout at 45% and women over 25 at 24%. That latter demo gave the best recommendation grades of any demo at 61%.

• Haha 6
  • ...wtf 1

https://deadline.com/2023/11/box-office-the-marvels-1235599363/

Critical reviews on Rotten Tomatoes are at 61% fresh, but the RT audience score is higher at 85% — which is promising, however, the die-hards always come out on Thursday night. Thursday night PostTrak exits from ComScore/Screen Engine were severe for general audiences at 3.5 stars, but 4 1/2 stars from parents and 5 stars from kids under 12. That said, kids and parents combined only repped 9% of last night’s audience. The Marvels skewed guys at 63% with men over 25 the biggest turnout at 45% and women over 25 at 24%. That latter demo gave the best recommendation grades of any demo at 61%.

63% men 💀💀💀

Women do not care about Superhero movies anymore. @ListenHunnyUrOver was right when he said women were leading the charge in divestment from the Superhero genre.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Issac Newton said:

Critical reviews on Rotten Tomatoes are at 61% fresh, but the RT audience score is higher at 85% — which is promising, however, the die-hards always come out on Thursday night. Thursday night PostTrak exits from ComScore/Screen Engine were severe for general audiences at 3.5 stars, but 4 1/2 stars from parents and 5 stars from kids under 12. That said, kids and parents combined only repped 9% of last night’s audience. The Marvels skewed guys at 63% with men over 25 the biggest turnout at 45% and women over 25 at 24%. That latter demo gave the best recommendation grades of any demo at 61%.

Oh boy...those sure are some stats Disney will love to see. Very indicative of a healthy brand. :gold:

5 minutes ago, Gavin Feng said:

low MCU THU previews

Thor - 3.2M

Cap 1 - 4M

Thor 2 - 7.1M

Ant-Man - 6.4M

Shang-Chi - 8.8M

Iron Man - 3.5M

Can somebody find out what the Thursday previews for The Incredible Hulk were because I can't. But it's kind of pointless comparing phase 1 previews to The Marvels considering that Thursday showings started way later back then.

1 hour ago, CrashBandicoot81 said:

I personally miss the 2000s era of Comic Book Heroes. At least they had their own styles and didn't need to restrict themselves to a broad formula for some wide universe. But that is prob my dissillusion for current MCU speaking.

Makes me want to rewatch X-Men and X2, Spider-Man and Spider-Man 2, Batman Begins and The Dark Knight. All great movies to me.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, TommyOliver said:

Steaming hot take here, but they should give Captain Marvel a full heel turn, with her power set she's a perfect villain. Have her go mad with power, just obliterating planets, then Marvel can have Hulk and Thor job to her, establishing how dangerous she is.

I mean... I would certainly love to see the Internet hot takes if that happened.

8 minutes ago, bcf26 said:

Makes me want to rewatch X-Men and X2, Spider-Man and Spider-Man 2, Batman Begins and The Dark Knight. All great movies to me.

TDK is obviously on the pedestal, where it's been since release, but X2 and Spider-Man 2 remain some of my favourites as well. Like, fuckin hell are they insanely rewatchable. That X2 opening scene, the Doc Oc train fight... those are classics of action cinema by now. And they just flow so well, have fantastic characters (and actors portraying them) and such clear plots with well defined stakes.

• Like 1