The Wild Eric

The Marvels | November 10, 2023 | Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter

1 minute ago, ZattMurdock said:

I’m not omnipresent. I think it goes with the territory that a film featuring a woman as the lead to face backlash from bigots and men that try way too hard to like women but in truth hate them. What I’m saying is that the amount of vitriol and downright hate for this film and people that are part of this project is off the charts for anything I’ve followed before. Captain Marvel’s thread here was bad, but not nearly as bad as what we have right now. What I’m saying is that comparing the overall sentiment on BOT for either Wonder Woman or Captain Marvel can be compared with The Marvels. 

You know that's a lie.

Anybody that was around the time BVS came out and followed the industry even a little knows the amount of vitriol Snyder and DC received was 100x worse than this mild stuff you are complaining about.

Wonder Woman had stuff like this happening to it, some random saying it's a disaster and the entire internet taking it as fact to the point Patty Jenkins had to speak out about it.

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/wonder-woman-is-a-disjointed-disaster-says-dc-insider.1334822/

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Also the lack of Endgame hype is only part of the reason for the drop. The other part is that this looks like a total shit film with everything people complain about in recent Marvel films  and looks  unappealing to anyone over  ten years old 

The marketing for this movie is terrible. MoM is pretty bad in my opinion, but the trailer succeeded in getting everyone hyped. Same with AoU. Even if the movie is bad (which seems likely judging by the embargo date), they still 100% could have made better trailers/TV spots.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Also the lack of Endgame hype is only part of the reason for the drop. The other part is that this looks like a total shit film with everything people complain about in recent Marvel films  and looks  unappealing to anyone over  ten years old 

I'm convinced you would've still found a way to hate the movie even if it was the second coming of christ. Why are you here brudda

• Like 2
  • Knock It Off 1

4 minutes ago, Eric Presley said:

Moderation

We're done with this "which was treated worse" crap with Wonder Woman and The Marvels. We don't do this petty fanboy war nonsense here anymore, and everybody here knows this will lead to pointless fights over some silly kids movies. So why even bother bringing it up?

Anybody who continues this further will see a threadban.

Calling CBMs "silly kids movies" feels like an unnecessary attack to people who enjoy them 

• Like 14
  • Haha 1
  • Knock It Off 1

5 minutes ago, Bob Train said:

The marketing for this movie is terrible. MoM is pretty bad in my opinion, but the trailer succeeded in getting everyone hyped. Same with AoU. Even if the movie is bad (which seems likely judging by the embargo date), they still 100% could have made better trailers/TV spots.

So then what are the good MCU movies in your opinion?

20 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

This isn’t the Wonder Woman thread, but as a long time poster here you and I remember the amount of hype surrounding Wonder Woman - and long time fans of the superhero genre posters here - very differently. I remember standing shoulder to shoulder with @Cochofles hyping the shit out of that film and I don’t remember any crazies talking about Wonder Woman’s armpit hair (?!) here or elsewhere either. There was apprehensiveness if Jenkins was going to pull it off, but people were rightfully rooting and cheering for that film here; 

I was just a occasional lurker at the time, but WW and that era of DC films got absolutely curb stomped by everyone. I haven't seen anything close to that bad here - but why is Wonder Woman relevant at all to the conversation? I thought you wanted the thread to remained focused and on topic. I think it's just asking for mess and fights if we start comparing other franchises and ranking what movie was hated the most. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Boxofficerules said:

Twitter and YouTube are going to become Hell if this movie bombs.

Yeeah, this is where I'm at.

I don't care that much about The Marvels. It looks to me just as average as most Marvel outings. Granted, I'm one of the few people who never viewed Captain America: Winter Soldier in the way others do.

I just hate this will ramp up the She-Hulk, Hawkeye, Ms. Marvel hate train I thought we were done with.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Just now, SaltyPistola said:

I was just an occasional lurker at the time, but WW and that era of DC films got absolutely curb stomped by everyone. I haven't seen anything close to that bad here - but why is Wonder Woman relevant at all to the conversation? I thought you wanted the thread to remained focused and on topic. I think it's just asking for mess and fights if we start comparing other franchises and ranking what movie was hated the most. 

Now I’m to blame for this? That film was one of the beautiful moments of this little community when a lot of fans of the superhero genre bandied together for one film most of us could agree cheering on. What I’m saying is that regarding this community, this didn’t happen. It’s one of the reasons I long for the old days here.

1 minute ago, ViewerAnon said:

Don't want to post this on Twitter and cause a shit show but I'm really concerned they're still not screening the entire movie yet. Junket press only saw 30 minutes worth yesterday and today.

Why not show it if everyone is embargoed anyway?