Eric is Quiet

The Marvels | November 10, 2023 | Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter

1 minute ago, reddevil19 said:

Unfortunately the next projects are Captain America 4, Thunderbolts and Deadpool 3. Two of those are probably looking at the same level of interest from audiences as The Marvels (possibly lower for Thunderbolts) and Deadpool 3 is already halfway through production and everything about it seems like it will be received below the first 2. They need a return to form with critical and audience reception, as well as box office hits to avoid the "it's dead" label - nothing about their immediate slate says that will happen.

It's wild that people hold opinions on films before any trailers, negative or positive. But then I remember that's a completely online thing, and general audiences don't even care about Deadpool 3 yet. I bet there are a lot of people who have no idea it's even coming.

Just now, keysersoze123 said:

Brie will be there in Avengers for sure. But another Captain Marvel movie will be a question mark. I think they should do mini team ups like having her in next Shang Chi movie. 

I can see Brie stepping down. She doesn’t seem that enthused and nobody wants her to show up for five minutes as a deus ex machina 

• Like 2

Just now, CaptainJackSparrow said:

Why does Deadpool 3 seem like it will be worse than the first two to you?

Shawn Levy, 5 credited writers, a multiverse formula when it seems tired already.

I am genuinely hoping I'm wrong cause I want a fantastic Reynolds/Jackman buddy cop road trip movie, but I have a very bad feeling about it.

• Like 2

Some of these reviews definitely feel like critics smelling blood and realising they can go as hard on it as they want. It's probably bad but a 0? Come on now lol.

That said I guess it atleast explains why the reviews were hidden. Definitely sounds like a film that got chopped out in the editing room.

Now I wonder how Marvel proceeds forward with these characters.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, MysteryMovieMogul said:

It's wild that people hold opinions on films before any trailers, negative or positive. But then I remember that's a completely online thing, and general audiences don't even care about Deadpool 3 yet. I bet there are a lot of people who have no idea it's even coming.

Welcome to BOT

2 minutes ago, The GOAT said:

The Director and Writers have barely any notable works to their name. Only mediocre Disney+ shows and Candy Man. 

Any Producer coulda seen this coming from a mile away. 

They would be wrong to see it that way. Nia DaCosta had two films with an average critic score of 89.5 and an average audience score of 63 before joining the MCU
you know who else is roughly in that camp?

• James Gunn
    • directed two pre-mcu films
    • average critic score of 68
    • average audience score of 59.5
    • MCU debut critic score of 92
  • Ryan Coogler
    • average critic score of 94.5
    • average audience score of 88
    • MCU debut critic score of 96
  • Jon Watts
    • average critic score of 64
    • average audience score of 45
  • Russo Brothers
    • average critic score of 37.5
    • average audience score of 52.5
    • MCU debut critic score of 90 (and they went on to direct Infinity War and Endgame and basically creatively lead phase 3 of the MCU)

1 minute ago, Hypercortical said:

They would be wrong to see it that way. Nia DaCosta had two films with an average critic score of 89.5 and an average audience score of 63 before joining the MCU
you know who else is roughly in that camp?

• James Gunn
    • average critic score of 68
    • average audience score of 59.5
  • Ryan Coogler
    • average critic score of 94.5
    • average audience score of 88
    • MCU debut critic score of 96
  • Jon Watts
    • average critic score of 64
    • average audience score of 45
  • Russo Brothers
    • average critic score of 37.5
    • average audience score of 52.5
    • MCU debut critic score of 90 (and they went on to direct Infinity War and Endgame and basically creatively lead phase 3 of the MCU)

All these people also worked as writers, producers, and tv show runners, before they made a Marvel film though. 

8 minutes ago, reddevil19 said:

Unfortunately the next projects are Captain America 4, Thunderbolts and Deadpool 3. Two of those are probably looking at the same level of interest from audiences as The Marvels (possibly lower for Thunderbolts) and Deadpool 3 is already halfway through production and everything about it seems like it will be received below the first 2. They need a return to form with critical and audience reception, as well as box office hits to avoid the "it's dead" label - nothing about their immediate slate says that will happen.

Thunderbolts has the double whammy of apathy/disdain from the general audience because it just looks like Kroger's Suicide Squad and the dedicated fans that wanted to see Zemo, Songbird, Moonstone, Atlas, etc.

2 minutes ago, TomThomas said:

That IGN reviewer praises everything, even Jurassic World: Dominion. I don't know if she's paid shill or truly over the moon about every movie no matter quality.

Dominion was fun. Not everybody has the same views as you do. 😀 

• Heart 1

IGN

Deadline

Hollywood reporter

Erik Davis

Variety  etc 

Such sites are not much different from your generic Audience viewer . Very easy to please. Always have positive reviews most of the time.

Not casting a shade of credibility on them . In the end it's opinions. But when it's comes to judging critical trajectory ,they are kind of pointless.

2 minutes ago, MysteryMovieMogul said:

Deadpool 3 is by far their biggest immediate release. If general audiences have no clue it's even coming, that isn't a good thing, you understand that, right? The other two, especially Thunderbolts, with its collection of D+ characters, are DOA. Why can't MCU stans understand this? It's the recurring argument around Ms. Marvel. She might be fantastic, but no one gives a shit about her. People aren't watching her show or going out t the movie to see her in The Marvels. Thunderbolts is that, but with even more characters no one gives a shit about.

Cap 4 probably has the highest chance of actually being good, but the overall impression at this time is that audiences don't want a Falcon America. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, MysteryMovieMogul said:

I'm referring to putting blame on an actress for a character in a video game that has absolutely nothing to do with the actress.

The user was talking about the character. The actress is not coming back in a role if that role is not working.

The king is dead, long live the king(please dont be video game movies)!

Edited by interiorgatordecorator
  • Haha 3

Brie should abandon the ship and ask Feige to let Kang kill Captain Marvel and focus on indie movies. She is a good actress and has nothing to prove to no one but she made a terrible decision joining MCU.

______

Btw, the post credit scene is all over Twitter. Are they really expecting this to make people check the movie?

• Like 1