Eric the Fall Guy

The Marvels | November 10, 2023 | Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter

17 minutes ago, andersonhoran said:

They should just set it in space where there's no covid, make the Alpha Flight base at NASA :monopoly:

ALPHA FLIGHT is one Marvel property I'd love to see developed...which is precisely why it probably won't happen until at least 2030.  

Just speculation here -- but my gut feeling is that something significant is changing/will change behind the scenes on this project -- either DaCosta is out, or something else.  Larson's wording is unbelievably vague, basically non-committal to the entire project.  Maybe Larson wanted out after the problematic reception?  (Yes, I know it made money.)  Or perhaps Marvel is considering just elevating the Rambeau character...with Larson just appearing for a pass-the-torch?  They already have two other "Captain Marvel" identities/characters in development, right?  

Either way, she could at least be saying. "I'm really excited to get back!" - even if it's a lie.  These kinds of answers are the things that don't endear her to the Marvel fanbase...even in an unprecedented environment.  But she's never been interested in playing that game, as much...which is fine.  Just curious to see how long Marvel/Disney plays along...

Edited by Macleod
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Macleod said:

ALPHA FLIGHT is one Marvel property I'd love to see developed...which is precisely why it probably won't happen until at least 2030.  

Just speculation here -- but my gut feeling is that something significant is changing/will change behind the scenes on this project -- either DaCosta is out, or something else.  Larson's wording is unbelievably vague, basically non-committal to the entire project.  Maybe Larson wanted out after the problematic reception?  (Yes, I know it made money.)  Or perhaps Marvel is considering just elevating the Rambeau character...with Larson just appearing for a pass-the-torch?  They already have two other "Captain Marvel" identities/characters in development, right?  

Either way, she could at least be saying. "I'm really excited to get back!" - even if it's a lie.  These kinds of answers are the things that don't endear her to the Marvel fanbase...even in an unprecedented environment.  But she's never been interested in playing that game, as much...which is fine.  Just curious to see how long Marvel/Disney plays along...

lol you're triping if you think irrelevant misogynists crying on the internet will influence something, Carol is Marvel's most popular superheroine, she's not going anywhere. Brie Larson already said the role changed her in every way, she's just a private person and the actors can't say anything about the movies, you don't see Cumberbatch talking about his sequel. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2