filmlover

Best Actor Predictions 2020

3 hours ago, filmlover said:

Is Joel Coen's Macbeth with Denzel gonna make it to this year? Seems good to bet on him getting nominated if he does.

It's just begun filming. True Grit went into production in March and released in December so I imagine this can make it too.

I think Benedict Cumberbatch has a great chance of getting Best Actor for Ironbark. Coming from Sundance, that's not a film everyone's been crazy for, but it was bought by Lionsgate. If there's one thing we know about Lionsgate, it's that if they have something viable, they know exactly how to campaign it (Hacksaw RidgeLa La LandBombshellKnives OutWonder's makeup nom). Cumberbatch hasn't been nominated since The Imitation Game, and the Academy might be itching for another opportunity. But if there's anyone from Sundance who's guaranteed a nomination, it's Hopkins for The Father.

Edited by SLAM!

Michael Fassbender, Next Goal Wins

Tom Hanks, News of the World

Anthony Hopkins, The Father

Gary Oldman, Mank

Anthony Ramos, In the Heights

also looking out for Will Smith in this King Richard movie but so many of his awards plays have flopped but i've read the script (was on the blacklist) and think that could be a thing..

Edited by CoolioD1
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Eric the Hedgehog said:

PLEASE let this be Timmy's time!

Isn't the James Mangold Bob Dylan movie supposed to be shooting later this year? Set your sights on the Oscar ceremony two years from now for his moment.

Won't happen (because Tony is such a nothing of a role that anyone could play) but Ansolo getting nominated for West Side Story would be fun just for the meltdowns.

Edited by filmlover

50 minutes ago, 35MM-18 said:

Does this even have a distributor yet? I know Netflix may have been in talks at some point, but I haven't heard anything about that since.

Maybe Redbox could buy it, do a double feature offer with Capone

Edited by TMP

Might as well start with some early predictions that are unlikely to stick (assuming all these movies stay this year):

Matt Damon, Stillwater

Tom Hanks, News of the World

Anthony Hopkins, The Father

Bill Murray, On the Rocks

Gary Oldman, Mank

Will watch Da 5 Bloods later this weekend but it sounds like Lindo is likely gonna be frauded into Supporting?

Edited by filmlover

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Will watch Da 5 Bloods later this weekend but it sounds like Lindo is likely gonna be frauded into Supporting?

i just watched it a few hours ago and I really can't see a justification for that. at least with brad pitt last year you could say he's supporting leo but Delroy isn't supporting anyone. he's top billed! he's probably got the most screen time!

haven't seen that yet but I guess it gets tricky with ensemble casts, and worse when it's a 2-man show like Green Book. co-lead roles going for supporting is a common strategy so it will be up to Netflix,

supporting will be an easier win to say the least. Pitt & Ali wouldn't have won if they went lead in the last 2 years