stealthyfrog

Borderlands | Lionsgate | Eli Roth to direct | Cate Blanchett is Lilith

Ouch.

I played the original game for a couple of hours. Wonderful art style inspired by cel-shaded graphics (despite devs denying cel-shading). Post apocalyptic punk glitz. They should've gone Tank Girl, but they chose...this.

• Like 3

Is anyone going to see the movie (and plan on sticking around to the end credits)? If so, I'd love to know what state/country film office get a thanks/logo shot at the end of the credits. I'm wondering where the reshoots actually took place and how much they spent on them. 

1 hour ago, Grand Cine said:

0% RT after 10 reviews , 3,3/10 😬

Update : always 0% with 23 reviews .

The Game Question will be , who will be the first positive review . The Winner will win a car LOLLLL.

Game Show Yes GIF by ABC Network

5 minutes ago, Grand Cine said:

Update : always 0% with 23 reviews .

The Game Question will be , who will be the first positive review . The Winner will win a car LOLLLL.

Game Show Yes GIF by ABC Network

Screenrant's love letter to Cate Blanchett. It's up on metacritic and is unambiguously "I enjoyed this bad movie" which is good enough for RT. https://screenrant.com/borderlands-movie-review/

Edited by PlatnumRoyce

4 minutes ago, PlatnumRoyce said:

Screenrant's love letter to Cate Blanchett. It's up on metacritic and is unambiguously "I enjoyed this bad movie" which is good enough for RT.

I know,  the movie will be above the 0% , the question is when and which will be the first person on RT to make positive review

• Like 1

Grace Randolph breaking the ice

I’ve never played the games, but I got a kick out of Blanchett starring in a movie like this - and doing a great job! I do wish the script had been adjusted a bit better to accommodate her age. Blanchett fans will enjoy this, not sure about anytime else.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Astonished 1

6 minutes ago, JimmyB said:

Grace Randolph breaking the ice

I’ve never played the games, but I got a kick out of Blanchett starring in a movie like this - and doing a great job! I do wish the script had been adjusted a bit better to accommodate her age. Blanchett fans will enjoy this, not sure about anytime else.

You have a winner , it's me or she likes the movies than everybody hates ? First Morbius , then this movie

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1

22 minutes ago, Grand Cine said:

You have a winner , it's me or she likes the movies than everybody hates ? First Morbius , then this movie

And she liked Snake Eyes, too. I think she just likes trashy B movies

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, filmlover said:

4% with nearly 30 reviews. :lol:

Madame Web must be relieved that it'll now have competition for the Razzies this year.

This has been a long year, I forgot Madame Web was this year 

• Like 1

Grace is effortless funny, genius character 

People ranting over her opinion on Twitter because of a video that starts saying “imagine if Joan Crawford started in a video game adaptation” 

People just don’t know how to recognize genuinely hilarious people anymore

Edited by ThomasNicole
  • Like 1