Eric Lasagna

The Batman | March 4, 2022 | Warner Bros. | Certified Fresh on RT | 7th Most Profitable Movie of 2023

On 2/8/2022 at 6:56 PM, JWR said:

It baffles me that they thought audiences wanted a regression in storytelling only 8 years after the 1989 film broke away from camp.

...but families kind of did? They whined about Returns being too dark (and Bat/Cat being too sexy for their children) and then Forever became a bigger hit. So you can see how they got back to camp again.

23 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

That is no good. Just take care of the family and avoid social media for spoilers. I cannot believe this kind of stupidity of seeing the movie above such a life changing event !!!

My first daughter was born the day of release of a movie I had looked forward to, and had tickets for in IMAX. Of course I didn't watch the movie till 2 months later.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Spidey Freak said:

So these collections are going to be reported as part of Thursday previews?

Yes.

Frankly,though I am really looking forward to the film, I am finding Warners attempts to pad the OW gross to be a bit much.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, keysersoze123 said:

That is no good. Just take care of the family and avoid social media for spoilers. I cannot believe this kind of stupidity of seeing the movie above such a life changing event !!!

I am amused by people who spend 24/7 on fan sites and social media for a movie, and then complain that they are being "spoiled".

You spend hours upon hours on fansites for a  movie, you are going to be spoiled. There are always going to be leaks. You don't want to be spoiled, use some restraint in following a movie.

Edited by dudalb
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, JWR said:

Hopefully this won't be as chaotic as when the tickets for Spider-Man: No Way Home dropped.

Doesn’t seem to have crippled UK websites so far, I got my tickets quite easily just after midnight. The Thursday 7pm IMAX seems to be doing decently so far, although nothing close to the chaos of NWH, I honestly don’t think I’ve ever had a more annoying ticket buying experience than I did with NWH.

Cineworld seem to be opening 24 hours for it as well on the Thursday into Friday, with midnight showings and 4am showings.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, JWR said:

Hopefully this won't be as chaotic as when the tickets for Spider-Man: No Way Home dropped.

This isn’t doing anything close to NWH opening weekend so I’d imagine it will be pretty easy to get tickets once the opening rush is done. 

• Disbelief 1