Eric Lasagna

The Batman | March 4, 2022 | Warner Bros. | Certified Fresh on RT | 7th Most Profitable Movie of 2023

3 hours ago, Noctis said:

How was Zoe?

She was great. I can say that she is the best catwoman yet but I must clarify that have never...wait for it... seen Pfeiffer's performance in context and while Hathaway gave a fantastic performance, her catwoman was underutilized.

1 hour ago, Derpity said:

Thanks for the thoughts...do you think this will be universally liked by audiences? Is it polarizing in any way? (Not interested in anything spoiled, just general thoughts)

Well I loved Eternals and I think Man of Steel is the best comic book adaptation of all time.

1 hour ago, BruiseCruise said:

How would you compare Dano's performance to Ledgers?

Yeah...why would I even do that?

YES.  Remember this always.

As for criticisms?

Now this is still a small sample size and one that is drawn upon ViewerAnon's circle of contacts/friends.  But something to keep in mind.

Other things popping up in VA's feed but probs not worth sharing here.

Just something to keep in mind as we approach Tomato Watch in about 16 hours.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Porthos said:

YES.  Remember this always.

As for criticisms?

Now this is still a small sample size and one that is drawn upon ViewerAnon's circle of contacts/friends.  But something to keep in mind.

Other things popping up in VA's feed but probs not worth sharing here.

Just something to keep in mind as we approach Tomato Watch in about 16 hours.

I really don't think ViewerAnon has that many critic friends or contacts. He's someone that sneaks into test screenings but I don't see any reason to believe he has more than that. Most of the friends I know he has are bloggers.

Also I'm not buying that Batman Begins part at all. If anything the  movie shares far more similarities with TDK in terms of plot. 

Edited by 21C

1 minute ago, 21C said:

I really don't think ViewerAnon has that many critic friends or contacts. He's someone that sneaks into test screenings but I don't see any reason to believe he has more than that. Most of the friends I know he has are bloggers.

Setting aside the comment about ViewerAnon "sneaking" into test screenings as being irrelevant, the line between bloggers and critics when it comes to Rotten Tomatoes (which is the only thing that matters in this particular case) is mighty thin nowadays.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

Movie is nothing like BB 😄. I know the whole plot. Bullshitting again

Sigh.

Just... Sigh.

====

I'll let @ViewerAnon explain themselves more here if they want as Twitter doesn't allow the nuance and detail that a forum post can, but comparison to Nolan films can be just as much about tone and presentation as it is about plot.

And either way, your complaint would be with the folks who felt that way and not VA.

"Don't shoot the messenger" and all that.

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Porthos said:

Setting aside the comment about ViewerAnon "sneaking" into test screenings as being irrelevant, the line between bloggers and critics when it comes to Rotten Tomatoes (which is the only thing that matters in this particular case) is mighty thin nowadays.

The bloggers that I know he's friends with don't even feature in RottenTomatoes if I recall correctly. They're mostly from leaker outlets such as Big Screen Leaks, GeeksWorldWide, etc. I could be mistaken, but I'm pretty sure none of those feature there. And the Batman Begins comparison strikes me as ridiculous enough to dismiss him.

Tone, presentation, or whatever, it's nothing like that, simple. You can believe what you want idc

___

I'm still expecting around the 60 range on MC. or in the 70 range if I'm more optimistic.

RottenTomatoes is irrelevant to me, any mediocre movie can be 90% there, they count every dumb blog

Edited by Lighthouse

2 minutes ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

Remember when last week VA said he was deleting his account? But now he's back for attention

The reviews will be good, the box office will (probably) be good, the fans should be happy.

He never said reviews wouldn't be good, he said some critics don't love the movie and that fans shouldn't harass them 

• Like 3