Eric is Quiet

The Batman | March 4, 2022 | Warner Bros. | Certified Fresh on RT | 7th Most Profitable Movie of 2023

4 hours ago, Notthereverseflash24 said:

Joker was not divisive lmao. Most people loved it, it won the golden lion and made a billion dollar plus 11 oscar noms. Only some American critics hated it.

We the good old USA fear a lot of stuff for dumb reasons...   There was a huge fearmonger presence.  That won't happen to The Batman

https://www.belfastlive.co.uk/news/belfast-news/belfast-council-committee-votes-against-23125647 

This is interesting, in the UK a cinema chain tried to get the rating for The Batman lowered (it's the equivalent of R there) and they failed: 

BBFC Representative Edward Lamberti told the committee: “As moviegoers are aware, the majority of superhero films receive a 12A, and Batman films over the years have received 12A classification certificates as well.

“This film is different. We haven’t given it a 15 lightly - we know that younger teens aren’t going to be able to see this in the cinema. There’s a good reason for this - it’s a stronger, tougher, bleaker movie than is typically the case with a superhero film.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, 21C said:

https://www.belfastlive.co.uk/news/belfast-news/belfast-council-committee-votes-against-23125647 

This is interesting, in the UK a cinema chain tried to get the rating for The Batman lowered (it's the equivalent of R there) and they failed: 

So kids can't see it without an adult. Another reason the comp should probably not be NWH lol

Giving myself one exception to the "no posts from non-RT or non-verified critics" to post this absolutely insane reaction from an Argentinian movie critic. I'm learning Spanish on Duolingo and didn't believe I was translating it correctly until Google translate confirmed that my translation was correct

• Haha 9

32 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

If Suicide Squad and Venom are any indication, it doesn’t take much to get a 15 in the U.K. anyway. 

It also doesn’t mean that the film will suffer from the higher rating, Joker was massive here.

I do feel sorry for the cinema employees who are about to be inundated with angry oblivious parents who don’t understand that just because 12 year old Timmy can watch a 15 at home, doesn’t mean they can watch one at a cinema.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Giving myself one exception to the "no posts from non-RT or non-verified critics" to post this absolutely insane reaction from an Argentinian movie critic. I'm learning Spanish on Duolingo and didn't believe I was translating it correctly until Google translate confirmed that my translation was correct

200.gif

13 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Yup the translation is accurate.

4 minutes ago, TheDude391 said:

I've never understood the pushback from some fans to not have Superman in say this or Nolan's universe. "It wouldn't fit with this version of Batman"...um the comics have done fine blending them for decades but okay.

We don’t need two interconnected DC movie universes running concurrently.