Neo

The Flash | June 16 2023 | Ezra Miller, Michael Keaton | We’re stoping the count at a Nice 69% RT (it’s 72% For Real) | Please Remember that Your Enjoyment Of The Film is Not Based On Others Opinions And To Be Nice To Each Other

2 minutes ago, excel1 said:

Ehhhh even of last 10 years, it is behind TFA, IW, and EG ofc. But it was big for sure. 

NWH was bigger than IW

NWH would have done $800M+ OW if it had a day-to-date China release and the pandemic wasn't a thing 

I seriously think NWH could have challenged TFA crown if it was released during normal times 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, TheFlatLannister said:

NWH was bigger than IW

NWH would have done $800M+ OW if it had a day-to-date China release and the pandemic wasn't a thing 

I seriously think NWH could have challenged TFA crown if it was released during normal times 

Not the NWH, IW, TFA or EG thread.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cooldude97 said:

with the $300M budget and probably massive upcoming marketing campaign, what are we expecting the break-even point to be?

It;s complex,and it varies from country to country, but the rule of thump is the studio only gets roughtly half the price of a ticket, so it gets only half the box office.That means, leaving out marketing, we are talking 600 Million if the budget is  300 million just to get the negative cost back.. There is some debate about the budget though. 

Marketing is wierd, studios don't consider it a direct cost for a movie, but since Warners is going all out n marketing I would say another 100 Million to the overall cost would be lowballing it. Marketing can cost a lot more.

44 minutes ago, Maggie said:

It looks like Henry Braham's using the exact same camera set-up he had for Gunn's Suicide Squad since all the fast-moving camera shots have the same effect

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, TheFlatLannister said:

no way homie

abnormal times have bought positives and negatives, not as simple as saying NWH would have grossed 20% more if there was no pandemic

I will now shut up

1 hour ago, CJohn said:

Shockingly bad trailer. Atrocious in some moments. NWH this ain't.

Hopefully someone spoils everything as soon as the movie ends so that I can read it.

the hype is not even on the same ballpark as NWH. Anyone that compares Keaton returning to Tobey is insane or even thinking its going to automatically cause this to explode at the box office. 

• Like 1

This looks like a pretty good superhero movie, but in no way capable of transcending the genre the way the true "best superhero movies of all time" can; ie I expect this to be an excellent superhero movie, but just a good movie movie

Edited by interiorgatordecorator
  • Heart 1

2 minutes ago, interiorgatordecorator said:

This looks like a pretty good superhero movie, but in no way capable of transcending the genre the way the true "best superhero movies of all time" can; ie I expect this to be an excellent superhero movie, but just a good movie movie

I think this is probably the most reasonable post in this entire thread tbh

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dragoncaine said:

I think this is probably the most reasonable post in this entire thread tbh

I agree. I think it will be  a fun movie, but not some kind of film that transcend the genre.

Irony is it could be a v ery good film, and still not find a huge audience. I don't see how anybody who can take off the fanboy blinders can deny that Superhero movies have really cooled down as far as the GA is concerned.

21 minutes ago, John Marston said:

the hype is not even on the same ballpark as NWH. Anyone that compares Keaton returning to Tobey is insane or even thinking its going to automatically cause this to explode at the box office. 

I think Keaton will bring in some business. but agree he does not have the appeal that seeing all three big screen Spideys together

3 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Honestly, this does look a bit more expressive than the usual superhero junk (and that Japanese trailer makes it more clear). But they didn't go all out so it still looks clunky and ugly. They should've gone full Speed Racer on this thing.

Between reading this and having actually rewatched Speed Racer and the first two Matrix movies recently, now I really want a Wachowskis superhero movie.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, AMC Theaters Enjoyer said:

Between reading this and having actually rewatched Speed Racer and the first two Matrix movies recently, now I really want a Wachowskis superhero movie.

it's still weird how the matrix captured superhero flight better than any actual superhero movie lol

• Like 2