Neo

The Flash | June 16 2023 | Ezra Miller, Michael Keaton | We’re stoping the count at a Nice 69% RT (it’s 72% For Real) | Please Remember that Your Enjoyment Of The Film is Not Based On Others Opinions And To Be Nice To Each Other

I think WB should be happy for Flash not being a rotten movie on RT. 

The rest is just the rest.

Just wait for 3 months after this movie's release, fire Ezra, then put Aquaman 2 and Blue Beetle as elseworlds movies. The real reboot starts with Gunn's Superman. 

5 minutes ago, TigerPaw said:

Just came out of the Singapore premiere in IMAX. Whole theater ate it up.. applause at the end.

I think WoM will be strong; IMO it is GOTG3 level or better. 

Lots of surprises, and very touching.

The DP for GOTG 3 also worked in The Flash. Nice victory to him. :)

Looks good for word of mouth 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, John Marston said:

based on international presales beating Ant Man 3 worldwide seems to be the goal 

That was a flop.  If The Flash does around the same then both are flops.  Comic book movies aren't going to do a billion anymore unless it's an outlier but something like GOTG vol. 3 at $800M should be achievable.  $600-700M should be the floor for a well received major character.  

• Like 2

Verified score is at 98% after 50+ reviews. Obviously these are early shows for largely DC fans, so we won't know the reception for sure until Thursday/Friday. I'm going to pencil in an A-, with the caveat that this would be an A without the stupefyingly awful VFX.

58 minutes ago, MightyDargon said:

I have no idea why WB would leave Aquaman in its current slot if Flash tanks.

Sad because Flash actually looks good. And having actually watched Shazam 2, it wasn't THAT bad and didn't deserve the utter caning it got. Turds like Wonder Woman 1984 do deserve it though.

The first movie blew up around Christmas and the competition the sequel is facing (Ghostbusters/Wonka vs. Mary Poppins/Bumblebee) is at the same threat level. Honestly always felt like the DC movie least likely to sputter of the four they have out this year, even if it seems destined to see a rather noticeable drop from the first given the current state of DC.

4 minutes ago, PlatnumRoyce said:

go to the html style inspector and search for "score-detail-audience-section" and they'll just tell you the real number of reviews.

Thanks for this. This will be really useful in the future

of the 59 current Verified Scores: 58 people liked the film. 1 person disliked it.

98.3%

• Like 1

Have just seen this and I enjoyed it. A lot.

Spoiler

The opening sequence with Barry and Batffleck was fun to watch. Was a really, really cool action sequence.

Although the parts after that and before the third act didn't really have much action, they had most of the funny moments (and some sad ones).

After seeing this, those who were complaining about the vfx (or at least those who used the argument just to make the movie look bad on social media) were exaggerating.

Some parts could be overwhelming visually, I get that, but I wouldn't call them terrible.

What I really liked here was the sound mixing and musical score. I don't know, but I think this could be nominated for an Oscar.

What Muschietti did with Keaton and Affleck as Batman was amazing. His treatment of the two is probably my favorite. Their action sequences were 👌👌👌.

Calle was great as Kara. Shannon, on the other hand, was just okay. Like, he did the best of what was given to him.

Spoiler

I have seen the MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS, NO WAY HOME, and ACROSS THE SPIDER-VERSE, but I thought the way the multiverse was treated here was different and I liked it especially for the cameos. I guess the use of Barry's power added to that difference. This was the part when it was visually overwhelming.

And finally, I didn't expect this to be that sad. And I have to give props to Miller. No matter what people think about them, they were the star of this movie. Barry was awkward and funny when needed. His scenes with his father and especially with his mother was just emotional.

Spoiler

Especially that one scene in the end that also used this very moving music. You could feel Barry's pain.

And I still can't wrap my head around his scenes as two Barrys. It's crazy how well they were done.

Excluding the BATMAN solo movies and THE JOKER, this is DC's best after WONDER WOMAN.

So my top 3:

WONDER WOMAN

THE FLASH

MAN OF STEEL

Edit: I am so for Muschietti directing THE BRAVE & THE BOLD.

Edit: Forgot to use the proper pronouns.

Edited by kayumanggi
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Astonished 7

Just now, kayumanggi said:

Sorry, which ones. I am on my phone now and don't have access to spoiler tags. Kindly DM a mod to do it for me. Thanks.

Just thought you kinda ran through entire sequences and detailed out the various acts.. and where the parents / touching stuff happens etc.

Agreed with you 100% though that VFX was actually pretty okay. CGI / VFX was much better than Antman 3 or Thor 4.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, TigerPaw said:

Just thought you kinda ran through entire sequences and detailed out the various acts.. and where the parents / touching stuff happens etc.

Agreed with you 100% though that VFX was actually pretty okay. CGI / VFX was much better than Antman 3 or Thor 4.

Have edited it. I forgot I could go to desktop mode and have access to spoiler tags. 😅

Edited by kayumanggi

1 hour ago, kayumanggi said:

Have just seen this and I enjoyed it. A lot.

Reveal hidden contents

Although the parts after that and before the third act didn't really have much action, they had most of the funny moments (and some sad ones).

After seeing this, those who were complaining about the vfx (or at least those who used the argument just to make the movie look bad on social media) were exaggerating.

Some parts could be overwhelming visually, I get that, but I wouldn't call them terrible.

What I really liked here was the sound mixing and musical score. I don't know, but I think this could be nominated for an Oscar.

What Muschietti did with Keaton and Affleck as Batman was amazing. His treatment of the two is probably my favorite. Their action sequences were 👌👌👌.

Calle was great as Kara. Shannon, on the other hand, was just okay. Like, he did the best of what was given to him.

Reveal hidden contents

And finally, I didn't expect this to be that sad. And I have to give props to Miller. No matter what people think about him, he was the star of this movie. He was awkward and funny when needed. His scenes with his father and especially with his mother was just emotional.

Reveal hidden contents

And I still can't wrap my head around his scenes as two Barrys. It's crazy how well they were done.

Excluding the BATMAN solo movies and THE JOKER, this is DC's best after WONDER WOMAN.

So my top 3:

WONDER WOMAN

THE FLASH

MAN OF STEEL

Edit: I am so for Muschietti directing THE BRAVE & THE BOLD.

So glad you dug it a lot. How did your audience respond? What would your CS prediction be based on your reaction and the audience's? Hopefully A- at least?

1 minute ago, Dragoncaine said:

So glad you dug it a lot. How did your audience respond? What would your CS prediction be based on your reaction and the audience's? Hopefully A- at least?

I am from the Philippines and not many people knew there were Tuesday previews for this one. Movies here normally open on a Wednesday. This kind of previews is rare. Having said that, I can't speak for the cinemascore since I'm not from the US. But my audience dug it a lot. They laughed at the funny parts and were visibly excited at the action scenes AND cameos. There weren't many people in my cinema, though. We were probably just 15 people.

• Thanks 1