Neo

The Flash | June 16 2023 | Ezra Miller, Michael Keaton | We’re stoping the count at a Nice 69% RT (it’s 72% For Real) | Please Remember that Your Enjoyment Of The Film is Not Based On Others Opinions And To Be Nice To Each Other

2 hours ago, cax16 said:

Zaslav now paid King and Cruise to say this stuff lol

People in this thread seem to think Stephen King will lie, he would just not say anything if he didn't like it.

It's also clear he got to watch it because Andy Muschietti has the IT movies connection with him.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, grim22 said:

People in this thread seem to think Stephen King will lie, he would just not say anything if he didn't like it.

It's also clear he got to watch it because Andy Muschietti has the IT movies connection with him.

Ya, it’s obvious he saw this cause of his connection to Andy.

People just want this movie to fail so bad, I get not liking Miller and I get not looking forward to the movie but I don’t get how king benefits at all from this. Like you said, he would just stay quiet if he didn’t enjoy it. I’m sure lots of people have seen it now and didn’t like it. Just read some of the quotes on his post, big yikes, I think this movie is gonna have a rough time with critics. 

57 minutes ago, cax16 said:

Ya, it’s obvious he saw this cause of his connection to Andy.

People just want this movie to fail so bad, I get not liking Miller and I get not looking forward to the movie but I don’t get how king benefits at all from this. Like you said, he would just stay quiet if he didn’t enjoy it. I’m sure lots of people have seen it now and didn’t like it. Just read some of the quotes on his post, big yikes, I think this movie is gonna have a rough time with critics. 

It just needs to remain above 80RT for me. It needs a positive headline first and then amazing WOM from audiences, I think with that scenario this could win the summer.

1 hour ago, cax16 said:

Just read some of the quotes on his post, big yikes, I think this movie is gonna have a rough time with critics. 

Idk, critics on twitter are snarky over everything so i don’t think it’s a great indication on how it’ll fare critically

8 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

I wasn’t suggesting Stephen King lied when he said he likes this. Just that it’s clear that WBD is desperate to spread the narrative about how great it is, to the point where they’re fishing for celebrity endorsements. 

And doing like a thousand random advanced screenings. There are two in LA and DC happening next week, and several in other countries. It's bizarre.

• Like 1
  • ...wtf 1

Just now, 21C said:

And doing like a thousand random advanced screenings. There are two in LA and DC happening next week, and several in other countries. It's bizarre.

That may lead to more spoilers getting out and a sizeable chunk of people seeing it by then.

This movie has been hyped by its own property and the show biz like anything I’ve ever seen. Yet, the trailer looks kinda mediocre especially from a VFX and cinematic standpoint.

WB needs desperately The Flash to become a hit, after five flops in a row. Five. That’s crazy. They should’ve let Snyder finish his story with Darkseid back in 2017.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Knock It Off 1

Just now, Mr Roark said:

This movie has been hyped by its own property and the show biz like anything I’ve ever seen. Yet, the trailer looks kinda mediocre especially from a VFX and cinematic standpoint.

WB needs desperately The Flash to become a hit, after five flops in a row. Five. That’s crazy. They should’ve let Snyder finish his story with Darkseid back in 2017.

Letting Zack Snyder take over was part of why the DCEU has so much baggage is about to be rebooted in the first place. 

• Like 4

Just now, JWR said:

Letting Zack Snyder take over was part of why the DCEU has so much baggage is about to be rebooted in the first place. 

They literally lost 6 years after JL and I’m pretty sure a couple of JL films by Snyder between 2019 and 2022 would’ve been more successful that the crappy stuff they released.

Without mentioning that they would’ve avoided all the annoying Twitter campaigns etc etc that lead to ZSJL.

And besides, ZSJL has been widely well received and a shorter version of that movie would’ve been 100% superior than the Frankenstein monster that was Whedon’s JL.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, John Marston said:

Never seen anything like this with any other film. It feels so weird and forced. Also Stephen King liked Halloween Ends so his endorsement doesn’t always mean quality 

No one's endorsement always means quality, surprisingly enough the world is not a hivemind and everyone's bound to like atleast one film the majority of the public thinks is bad. Hell, nobel prize winners say dumb fucking shit about well more important things than movies sometimes.

That said it is obvious WB sees something here. I don't buy for one second that this is "the best superhero movie ever" and nothing in the trailer made me think so either but I certainly do believe the film will be well-received.

Yes they are trying to control the narrative and yes they are desperate which considering their economic situation, how much was spent on this and the fact that their entire slate for first 5 months of the year pretty much bombed should not come as a surprise. But I don't really think they would bother trying this hard for a film they expected to be met with negative reception either way. It just doesn't make much sense.

Edited by JustLurking
  • Like 2

Since January 2020 only 2 DCEU films out of 5 crossed the $200M mark and no one even crossed $400M.

They are bleeding and they need Flash to be a hit. It desperately needs to be a hit for them.

Edited by Mr Roark

9 hours ago, The GOAT said:

Seems like WB is campaigning for this movie as if it's life depended on it.

Well... they've been hemorrhaging money and this movie has a hefty price tag. So that's not completely inaccurate. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, 21C said:

That’s not bizarre at all. It’s just confidence. Having early screenings builds hype and spreads WOM. 

For my money, I’m not expecting this movie to be poorly received. I seriously doubt that critics will agree with the insistence that it’s one of the greatest superhero movies ever made, but I’m sure it’ll fare better than Black Adam and Fury of the Gods. I just think the endless hyping has gotten annoying.