Eric Prime

Disney+ MCU: She-Hulk: Attorney at Law | August 17, 2022 | Tatiana Maslany stars

5 minutes ago, Liiviig 1998 said:

Tbf words like faux feminism and globalism pandering ,what do they mean in relation to the episode.?

They kind come of  pretentious because some  users may not understand what your saying .

MCU shows have been heavily criticized on this forum Tbh.

Aren't the words you have used above in your criticism related to gender too so definitely some will attach gender to it. 

so it's up to you word out your criticism  on the feminism angle in this show better .

The world isn't in good shape if people don't understand what "pandering" means.

And that also has been an actual criticism from professional writers!

VARIETY: But between its obligations to the larger Marvel Cinematic Universe, a far more limited budget than its film peers, and attempts to infuse Jen’s story with dated #girlboss energy, “She-Hulk” also represents an unsteady balancing act that needs more time than it likely has to settle into its own groove.

Don't you think feminism in media, especially from the world's largest company, deserves to be more than shallow? The whole pilot just felt overly broad and packaged, dated to a fault

1 hour ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

Why are you guys so incapable of accepting any form of criticism on the content you like? any negative comment is reduced to "pretentious" or made into some gender thing

If the Marvel logo was slapped on Leni Riefenstahl's Nazi propaganda, this thread would still be like "Hell yeah, girlboss! This was so fun!"

I just want to know how "globalism pandering" makes any sense in this context. Especially the "globalism" part of that.

Also, accusing people of being potential Nazi apologists because they don't share your distaste for a show is...something. 

Edited by Menor Reborn
  • Like 3

29 minutes ago, Menor Reborn said:

I just want to know how "globalism pandering" makes any sense in this context. Especially the "globalism" part of that.

Also, accusing people of being potential Nazi apologists because they don't share your distaste for a show is...something. 

You slap a Marvel logo on anything and people will become very forgiving 

• Disbelief 1

2 hours ago, Eric the Lion said:

Moderation

@BestPicturePlutoNash your tirades and fighting against users because they like a show you don't isn't funny any more. Stop this right now, or you're seeing a threadban.

I gave my opinion and Cap, a mod, replied mockingly "LOL. Boys". How is that appropriate? You and Cap both know that it isn't. I am done, but you have to understand the context and realize this isn't unprompted or a means to be funny. It was disrespectful of @Cap and I would like an apology if I'm being warned a threadban

• Haha 2

I think the funniest complain so far is that "She-hulk did everything better than Hulk yadayada", but when you actually see the episode, Banner was holding back the entire time, he is clearly stronger and the only reason that Jenifer controled her hulk form way faster it's as simple as she does not have an entirely different personality messing her around which it's something that has nothing to do with being a woman but because Hulk was created by Banner's trauma in the past.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

I gave my opinion and Cap, a mod, replied mockingly "LOL. Boys". How is that appropriate? You and Cap both know that it isn't. I am done, but you have to understand the context and realize this isn't unprompted or a means to be funny. It was disrespectful of @Cap and I would like an apology if I'm being warned a threadban

Bruh, this isn't that serious. There's a reason why I don't make serious long-winded rants about the MCU anymore. Not worth the time. I just make sarcastic jokes mocking these things at times these days.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Fox20 said:

I think the funniest complain so far is that "She-hulk did everything better than Hulk yadayada", but when you actually see the episode, Banner was holding back the entire time, he is clearly stronger and the only reason that Jenifer controled her hulk form way faster it's as simple as she does not have an entirely different personality messing her around which it's something that has nothing to do with being a woman but because Hulk was created by Banner's trauma in the past.

The only thing it seemed she did unequivocally better was the yoga. But I'm guessing most of the whining like that isn't coming from folks who watched it.

dtu2rh85wkj91.jpg

Marvel Studios Disney+ Series Premiere Viewership
Loki: 2.5 million
Moon Knight: 1.8 million
The Falcon and the Winter Soldier: 1.8 million
WandaVision: 1.6 million
Hawkeye: 1.5 million
MsMarvel: 775K
SheHulk: 1.5M

I actually thought it was going to do worse but it's actually doing the MCU average numbers with shorter runtime and 1 day less than the last 4 series.

• Like 2

Shows are generating less interest now than when they started. I borrowed this from Eric's post in Steaming Tracking:

By comparison:

WandaVision (3 days): 1.6M households

Falcon and Winter Soldier (3 days): 1.7M households

Loki (5 days): 2.5M households

Hawkeye (5 days): 1.5M households

Moon Knight (5 days): 1.8M households

Ms. Marvel (5 days): 775K households

She Hulk (4 days): 1.5 households

Not sure if  Wandavision and FATWS would catch up with Loki on day 5 cause viewership drops daily so they wouldn't post as big numbers on that day as on day 1. But they should have cracked 2M in 5 days which puts all 3 comfortably ahead of the later shows. Could someone calculate how many households in 5 days for each?

She-Hulk was heavily marketed on Daredevil's appearance closer to release and it has Hulk in it unlike Moon Knight which seems to be all on famous actors and well-cut trailer that promise dsomething different regardless of whether it delivered. Both attracted more viewers than Hawkeye who is a known character but didn't have buzzy guests until Kingpin who wasn't in marketing.

But yeah, as far as opening goes, nothing tops the first trio of shows. And House of the Dragon premiere completely stole the headlines.

Edited by Valonqar