Knights of Ren

The Acolyte: High Republic SW Disney+ Show, June 4th

23 hours ago, Daxtreme said:

Or yet another Mandalorian project or spin-off?

Funnily enough I don't think that's really the case even if it was clearly intended. You have Mando S1 -> S2 -> Spinoff in Lieu of S3 (Book of Boba) -> S3 -> Movie in lieu of season 4.

Rangers of the New Republic (obvious spinoff) canned alongside one/two AAA video games that likely felt like spiritual spinoffs of Mando really means that we didn't get inundated with "Mando" content versus basically one long running TV show. Hard to know how skeleton crew will read.

Ahsoka being "Rebels: live action" makes the comparison murkier especially as they leaned into that + jedi instead of the Mando-world.

Edited by PlatnumRoyce
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, Youngstar said:

Yeah, have to admit that "a new digital-only record" is a bit too weasely/press-release-y for me.

Still, positive press is positive press so I can't say I care.  Plus I also have to admit I kinda like the fact that LFL is stepping up their PR game a bit, as it shows commitment to the show rather than just being somewhat passive.

To put it another way, I respect the fact that they're even playing the game, even as I somewhat archly note the wording.

• Like 3

Google Translate translation: 

Experience this #Maythe4thBeWithYou like never before on Cinemex's Thunder Stage with #TheAcolyte , the next big Star Wars project. A galaxy far, far away joins the #CCXPVerse for a day full of surprises for all force users. This May 4th be part of #CCXPMexico

Hopefully we'll get some good food out of this, and perhaps even a final trailer.

• Like 1
  • Heart 1

Twitter noticed this yesterday when SW changed their banner, but Vectors at the top of the poster! Can’t wait to see them in live action! (Jedi starfighters of the High Republic for those who don’t know)

• Like 2

Slightly better but still ehh trailer for me.

Last scene was dope hope they don't fuck it up. Starwars fans do love their  fan  theories  Abit too much which can be annoying at times.

But pliz hope this doesn't pull another "marrok in ahsoka " moment. Know poeple are going to theorize the sith is "character X" and IMO don't think he needs to be that but  hope they don't make that character whoever they maybe a  nothing burger or something that appears in the last minutes of the show for mere fan service shockvalue.

Posted (edited)

Thanks to a h/t from SW Leaks, found out that Cinemark might be having screenings of the first two episodes of this show.

Star Wars: The Acolyte - Episodes 1-2 (Cinemark)

No idea how widespread it's gonna be and I haven't found any info on this on the net.  But here's hoping it's in more than a handful of theaters (if this isn't a mistaken listing, of course).

Edited by Porthos
  • Heart 1

Did anyone watch Phantom Menace in the cinema? How much footage was shown of this and what did you think?

I didnt stick around to watch the Acolyte preview cause I didnt want to spoil the show.

One note:  Expect a heavy lean toward SW bloggers and SciFi press in general.  Not that says terribly much as one can still read between the lines fairly easily/look for tells, but still something to be aware of.

Also, as with recent major D+ releases, episodes will drop at 9pm ET/6pm PT.

22 hours ago, Avatree said:

Did anyone watch Phantom Menace in the cinema? How much footage was shown of this and what did you think?

I didnt stick around to watch the Acolyte preview cause I didnt want to spoil the show.

Only casually glanced at reaction, but from what I understand it was more of the cantina scene with Carrie Anne Moss's character.  Decent level of Matrix/wuxia vibes as well.

Since I only glanced at reception, does seem to have been well received, but I suspect not to the level of "WOW is this what we're in for?"as the sneak preview of Andor (which, admittedly, plays strongly to nerds who love character work as opposed to folks looking for wiz-bang action stuff)

• Like 1

On 5/21/2024 at 3:31 PM, Porthos said:

One note:  Expect a heavy lean toward SW bloggers and SciFi press in general.  Not that says terribly much as one can still read between the lines fairly easily/look for tells, but still something to be aware of.

Also, as with recent major D+ releases, episodes will drop at 9pm ET/6pm PT.

Only casually glanced at reaction, but from what I understand it was more of the cantina scene with Carrie Anne Moss's character.  Decent level of Matrix/wuxia vibes as well.

Since I only glanced at reception, does seem to have been well received, but I suspect not to the level of "WOW is this what we're in for?"as the sneak preview of Andor (which, admittedly, plays strongly to nerds who love character work as opposed to folks looking for wiz-bang action stuff)

I saw it. Was a pretty good clip and I like the show has established its own identity and style of dueling. 

Speaking of...

Another nice one. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

I'm cautiously optimistic about this. I admit I kinda wish we got show that focused primary on the sith, but still I appreciate that these are all new characters we haven't seen before and isn't really based on preexisting material (except for the high republic novels somewhat). 

Also, I'm always down for seeing more people of color to sci-fi and fantasy stories these days, so I'm rooting for stars such as Amandla Stenberg, Lee Jung-jae, to gain praise and success from this. 

Edited by clockwork
  • Like 1

On 3/20/2024 at 1:58 PM, Porthos said:

Got to say, reading shit like this makes my ears perk up in a good... nay, great way.  I love it when SW remembers there's more to the Force than Jedi/Sith and if this show is gonna explore some of the underlying concepts of the Jedi amassing too much power and no matter how well intentioned a group is, no group should be the sole arbitrators of power?

Don't know if you have seen this yet but sounds like from this reaction they hopefully pulled it off as well. I agree it will be one of the more interesting aspects of the show and something that has been under explored in Star Wars (especially post Rebels)

• Like 1