A Marvel Fanboy

Weekend estimates (3.30~4.1) THG 61 mill

the hunger games drop is expected, i was hoping for more but being realistic a 60% drop is very common this days. I think it will fall less than 45% in it's third weekend and will enjoy a bost on it's weekdays gross because of easter holidays. $375 is where it's headed

44m for Titanic with a Wednesday release? Dang.

Yep. I don't see it taking in much more than $8m for Wednesday+Thursday anyways. It's April. The money will come on the weekend. In fact wouldn't be surprised if it opens really low Wednesday and people here already start calling it a TPM 3D flop and then it just blows up on Friday. Edited by MovieMan89

Yep. I don't see it taking in much more than $8m for Wednesday+Thursday anyways. It's April. The money will come on the weekend. In fact wouldn't be surprised if it opens fairly low Wednesday and people here already start calling it as TPM 3D flop and then it just blows up on Friday.

Completely possible. I am actually really interested to see how these does. It's definitely a wild card.

I don't know if people will want to spend 15 bucks on a movie that is on TV every month and doesn't have any hardcore fanbase. It can do another The Lion King 3D, I guess, but for me American Reunion may be the breakout of the next weekend.

I don't know if people will want to spend 15 bucks on a movie that is on TV every month and doesn't have any hardcore fanbase. It can do another The Lion King 3D, I guess, but for me American Reunion may be the breakout of the next weekend.

AR is set up perfectly to disappoint. I'm not convinced it can gross 100M

Posted Image

Apples and Oranges. There is a much bigger market for adult comedies than there is for pulp comedy/horror. It is debatable whether American Reunion will be able to exploit the market the way Hangover, Bridesmaids and other recent adult comedies have done but Scream 4 was opening in an enviroment where it had no market. If AR is good it can make a lot of money , if it is crappy it will sink without any trace but the market is there.

Don't underestimate how much fans this movie has. It's facebook page has like almost 19 million fans. I know that facebook isn't a realible source to predict box office. But it can show how many die hard fans a movie has.And one thing that titanic has above the lion king is the fact that it's more impressive to watch on the big screen than on tv. And you don't have a commercial every 10 minutes. Or do you guys not have commercials between movies?In my country titanic on tv last more than 4 hours. And they cut titanic for commercials at bad parts. Especially when it is sinking. In the theatres or on dvd, I can atleast watch it in one piece. Edited by Sheba

Apples and Oranges. There is a much bigger market for adult comedies than there is for pulp comedy/horror. It is debatable whether American Reunion will be able to exploit the market the way Hangover, Bridesmaids and other recent adult comedies have done but Scream 4 was opening in an enviroment where it had no market. If AR is good it can make a lot of money , if it is crappy it will sink without any trace but the market is there.

No, it's a very apples to apples comparison actually. Both are long overdue 4th installments to a trilogy that was extremely popular with teens and young adults back in their day. AR will only live up to the success of its predecessors if the fans from the original trilogy show up en masse to see it, and that obviously did not happen for Scream 4 so it seems unlikely it will for AR. This generation of 18-22 year olds aren't gonna be rushing out to see AR which is where the problem will occur, just like it did for Scream 4. Edited by MovieMan89