cax16

Blue Beetle | August 18, 2023 | WB/DC | Director - Angel Manuel Soto | First DC Universe Character!

12 hours ago, dudalb said:

Problem is they want to make a full scale production out of every origin story.

You can have the origin of the hero in the first fifteen minutes..must explain how he or she got their powers, set up the charecters and then have a story with no direct connection to  the origin story.

I never got the complaint about origin stories. Every story needs a beginning. I'd rather not be thrown into the middle of a story.

13 hours ago, Speedorito said:

I think origin stories can work better for TV shows because there’s more time and space to flesh them out beyond the common tropes. When you only have two hours it’s a little dull and played-out.

The only problem is that you have to introduce new characters to an audience if you don’t want to make movies about the same few well-known superheroes forever.

I think Shang-Chi handled the "origin" aspect within the larger plot really well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kayumanggi said:

I want those pop corn buckets! Lol I love the suit!! 

Anyway, tickets are on sale and I plan on getting mine soon, just have to plan it out with the family and make sure our schedules align. Can’t wait!

4 hours ago, Dominic Draper said:

Any pre sale tracking for this yet or too soon?

pre-sale tracking should start in the next day or two, but unfortunately pre-release tracking has been in the sub Shazam 2 range.

We'll have a sense by the end of this week whether it is truly going to go that low or if it might exceed (admittedly low) expectations.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lorddemaxus said:

Gonna have to take an L on my earlier predictions on this one. Still feel like this is such an easy sell but they fumbled the bag so hard.

I don’t think they knew what to do with this after Shazam and Flash flopped so hard. It looks like a fun, albeit a bit generic, movie for fans of superhero, but how do you even sell it now?

18 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

I don’t think they knew what to do with this after Shazam and Flash flopped so hard. It looks like a fun, albeit a bit generic, movie for fans of superhero, but how do you even sell it now?

I said they could've targeted it towards latino audiences pretty well considering that we haven't had a major Latino superhero movie. But it didn't feel like they leaned into the properly with the marketing. It's just being sold as a generic superhero movie.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

I said they could've targeted it towards latino audiences pretty well considering that we haven't had a major Latino superhero movie. But it didn't feel like they leaned into the properly with the marketing. It's just being sold as a generic superhero movie.

WB should astroturf the Latino community and start a grassroots campaign. Right now they gotta ride the meg wave, but i have faith...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Arlborn said:

Thye also had the problem with Blue Beetle being pretty much unknown to the General public.....and DC has never been able to sell a unknown Comic book hero the way that Marvel has been able to do.