cax16

Blue Beetle | August 18, 2023 | WB/DC | Director - Angel Manuel Soto | First DC Universe Character!

On 8/3/2023 at 2:49 PM, lorddemaxus said:

I said they could've targeted it towards latino audiences pretty well considering that we haven't had a major Latino superhero movie. But it didn't feel like they leaned into the properly with the marketing. It's just being sold as a generic superhero movie.

WB is financially broke and thus can only advertise one movie at a time. 

On 8/3/2023 at 2:27 PM, Arlborn said:

I don’t think they knew what to do with this after Shazam and Flash flopped so hard. It looks like a fun, albeit a bit generic, movie for fans of superhero, but how do you even sell it now?

If Superman flops as well..... it would feel like DC has reached some sort of dead end.

7 hours ago, emoviefan said:

It would be hilarious if this movie gets much better reviews and exceeds expectations despite WB treating it like a dump job. Would be the complete opposite of The Flash. 

I think with an almost non-existent profile and zero expectations, it wouldn't be shocking if the reaction or it is "that was ok", shrug and move on.

8 hours ago, reddevil19 said:

I think with an almost non-existent profile and zero expectations, it wouldn't be shocking if the reaction or it is "that was ok", shrug and move on.

Most likely but it still feels like this could exceed expecatations despite WB not giving a shit compared to what they did with the Flash. 

1 hour ago, Mr Terrific said:

So hard to feel hope for this. 
With good reviews, can it open at $20 million and then have a great multiplier and get to $70 million?

Yeah, two really optimistic ifs gets it to… sigh. 

It don't need good reviews to open with 20M.

I haven't heard much about this and haven't looked into it beyond the trailers and posters, but it doesn't look terrible. That being said it also doesn't look particularly great either, it's just kind of there.

It's kind of hard to nail down how it might do, it could bomb, it might also be moderately successful, though opinions I've been reading indicate the former.

If the budget had been closer to $80M than $120M this might have been a nice little moderate "filler" movie in a weak schedule, unless the writing/acting are truly terrible, in which case bombs away.😜

1 hour ago, Incarnadine said:

I haven't heard much about this and haven't looked into it beyond the trailers and posters, but it doesn't look terrible. That being said it also doesn't look particularly great either, it's just kind of there.

It's kind of hard to nail down how it might do, it could bomb, it might also be moderately successful, though opinions I've been reading indicate the former.

If the budget had been closer to $80M than $120M this might have been a nice little moderate "filler" movie in a weak schedule, unless the writing/acting are truly terrible, in which case bombs away.😜

Box Office wise it is better to have terrible reviews than a trailer that is hard to nail down.

From this angle that burger looks really nasty.  Glad it is getting at least some promotion.  I work at Wal-Mart, and I cannot find anything promoting it.  In contrast I see quite a few features promoting Ninja Turtles.

3 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

I thought they were referencing the Burger King meme at first. 

Announcer: Beetles beetles beetles beetles beetles.  We give you indigestion.  BK have it your way.  You die.