cax16

A Quiet Place: Day One | Paramount | June 28, 2024

Kinda surprised by some of the reactions, I found this incredibly mediocre and frankly, quite boring (dozed off for a few mins halfway through). Lupita Nyongo and Joseph Quinn were good, her character in particular has some interesting nuances but the human drama is still pretty stock standard stuff. Not a single good setpiece either, I didn't love the first 2 AQP films but there were moments that had me at the edge of my seat, raised my heart rate a bit. Not once here. You've seen all the coolest moments in the trailer. 5/10

Again I am asking studios to STOP this trend of wasting exciting indie talent on anonymous studio fare.

Spoiler

Title is misleading, it's mostly A Quiet Place Day Two and Three.

Edited by TheDude391

No one dares to kill cute animals anymore, even if it's done off screen, so its incision is already a mistake. We can get over  thousands people violently killed on screen but not fluffy cutie. Not that I want to see pet's demise, don't get me wrong. But...

Going to watch this tonight 

Edited by cinema pal
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, cinema pal said:

No one dares ro kill cute animals anymore, even if it's done off screen, so its incision is already a mistake. We can get over  thousands people violently killed on screen but not fluffy cutie. Not that I want to see pet's demise, don't get me wrong. But...

The first movie opening scene has a small kids killed by alien and nobody said a thing but somehow studio is not allowed to kill a cat fictionally. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

The first movie opening scene has a small kids  killed by alien and nobody said a thing but somehow studio is not allowed to kill a cat fictionally. 

Yep, you got this right! Cute cats/dogs being killed is more taboo for audiences 😄

Edited by cinema pal
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

91% and a lot of them 4 out of 5 and 9/10 reviews. Pretty dam good so far. Can we put to bed the late embargo meaning much of anything now.  The studios's post strike for whatever reason  seem to be doing this for the most part and it's not a reflection on the quality of the movie's

Edited by emoviefan

Yeh, there was no need to hold these reviews back. At least it’s tracking well without them. 

1 hour ago, cinema pal said:

No one dares ro kill cute animals anymore, even if it's done off screen, so its incision is already a mistake. We can get over  thousands people violently killed on screen but not fluffy cutie. Not that I want to see pet's demise, don't get me wrong. But...

Technically thats not true, a few cats have already been killed in films this year: Sting and Night Swim. 

27 minutes ago, emoviefan said:

As usual RT can't get it's shit together. The front page says 91% but when you click on it it's 86%. Still pretty good. RT is to established a website to have issues like this.

What do you mean? They do it for a while now. After click they show you top critics first . Then you need another click to see all-critics score

Edited by cinema pal