MrPink

Oppenheimer | 2024 Academy Award Winner for Best Picture and Best Director

6 minutes ago, rayjulio said:

woah, this is probably their best trailer if it can count as a trailer. the response also i see much better than the trailer 1 and 2. ludwig score wow. 

Does it reveal a lot? I don’t know if I should watch with just a few days left.

Edited by Giesi

6 minutes ago, Giesi said:

It does set up the story narrative which can be a little meh if you want to go in clean, however it sets up more how fantastic the sound will be in the film. 

57 minutes ago, Giesi said:

49 minutes ago, zlazer said:

It does set up the story narrative which can be a little meh if you want to go in clean, however it sets up more how fantastic the sound will be in the film. 

Why are you worried about spoilers for a historical film. 

• Haha 1

No way its production budget was that high. With marketing, ya. And it definitely makes it more dramatic for him to say 180 minutes, 180 million than "179 minutes and 168.8 million including marketing, but really when you think about my backend, it's gonna cost Universal, and I'll make bank"

• Like 1

It's the budget of the movie and you can see it honestly. I mean not exactly 180 but i see the 150. So not far away from that. 

100m Is too low. RDJ alone is not taking less than 15M even if supporting. 

Edited by vale9001

6 minutes ago, vale9001 said:

It's the budget of the movie and you can see it honestly. I mean not exactly 180 but i see the 150. So not far away from that. 

the ensemble includes such A-listers as Robert Downey Jr., Matt Damon and Emily Blunt in supporting parts. Any one of these players could command $10 million to $20 million on the open market, but for the privilege of working with Nolan, they’re giving the studio a big discount, pulling in $4 million apiece. Still, like Cruise, all have backend participation built into their deals. So if “Oppenheimer” beats the odds to be the rare serious drama to achieve blockbuster status, they could profit handsomely.

https://variety.com/2022/film/features/movie-star-salaries-joaquin-phoenix-joker-2-tom-cruise-1235320046/

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, vale9001 said:

It's really amazing how you can be so confident and yet so wrong.

11 minutes ago, reddevil19 said:

It's really amazing how you can be so confident and yet so wrong.

What's wrong?.even if RDS took 10 m less than i thought  seems a really expensive movie. It's 3 hours long and every expect seems excellent. Quality has a cost. 

I don't know why here and for Barbie people Simply doesn't see the excellence in every technical side of these movies. Seems likw if movies doesn't have cgi and third act Battles you don't need money to make them. 

Edited by vale9001