MrPink

Oppenheimer | 2024 Academy Award Winner for Best Picture and Best Director

14 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Too wishy washy. Needs to be bolder

He simply ranked Nolans films - putting Oppenehimer in the middle but before TDK and then deleted his tweet.   He needed to put it after Tenet - dead last - and pin that sucker.

Dude is trying way too hard. Just post your freaking review and keep it moving.

28 minutes ago, eeetooki said:

I mean, I thought he's famous for that. I swear I remember My Cocaine saying something similar in an interview.

I don't think his cocaine has chosen his roles in a couple of decades though it gave a wonderful stream of consciousness ad-libbed to hell performance in Home For The Holidays

3 minutes ago, OncomingStorm93 said:

I'm surprised with how much RDJ's performance is being hyped up. Wasn't expecting it to be prominent, he's been barely shown in the marketing, at least to my knowledge.

His entire performance seems to be in the black and white segments which are good chunk of the film that appear to be left out. My guess is that they Universal felt marketing it in black and white wasn't appealing for some reason.

• Like 1

David seems to have lost his mind 

K5lbxfw.png

guy seems desperate for attention. he wants some of the best parts of the movie cut out. the role which people say will win an acting oscar cut out and can't articulate why. maybe because that opinion is bone headed?

2 hours ago, hasanahmad said:

Ehrlich is such a weirdo, he's basically hot take guy at this point. As much as I dislike Oliver Stone as a person, JFK comparison makes me excited because I think it's a masterpiece and Stone's best film.

4 minutes ago, hasanahmad said:

K5lbxfw.png

guy seems desperate for attention. he wants some of the best parts of the movie cut out. the role which people say will win an acting oscar cut out and can't articulate why. maybe because that opinion is bone headed?

I'm definitely interested in reading it though. I don't always agree with Ehrlich but he's one of the more interesting critics out there in terms of writing and articulating his opinions. If he thinks something like this then I'm very curious as to why, and I know for a fact it's not being "desperate for attention" tbh.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, hasanahmad said:

K5lbxfw.png

He's crazy most of the time, not really surprised.

Can somebody tell me the rationale behind these review embargos (Barbie is doing the same) so close to release date for movies that everybody expects to get very positive reviews? It makes no sense. 

I thought these were used to "hide" the reviews of disappointing films.

Edited by Celedhring

1 minute ago, Celedhring said:

Can somebody tell me the rationale behind these review embargos so close to release date for movies that everybody expects to get very positive reviews? It makes no sense. 

I thought these were used to "hide" the reviews of disappointing films.

Fear of spoilers leaking out early, which I know it's weird to say for a movie like Oppenheimer which is based on actual history which you can quickly look up on a Wikipedia article but that's 100% what it is.