MrPink

Oppenheimer | 2024 Academy Award Winner for Best Picture and Best Director

8 minutes ago, MOVIEGUY said:

I couldn't hear a LOT of the dialogue. Honestly pretty much any time there was score playing and characters talking at the same time the dialogue was basically inaudible. I watched it in that Dolby Atmos theater at AMC

Idk

Really hope this isn't my IMAX experience tonight 😕

10 minutes ago, Hatebox said:

Annoying if so. The whole audible dialogue issue doesn’t bother me as much as some but for a 3 hour movie of people talking that seems like a major problem.

Idk if it was a Nolan problem or a theater problem or both, but it was a bummer. The movie throws a ton of information at you and it's even harder to follow along when you're straining your ears to hear what they're saying. I think I liked the movie but now I feel like I have to watch it with subtitles to know for sure

8 minutes ago, Dragoncaine said:

Really hope this isn't my IMAX experience tonight 😕

Hope so but that music is gonna be fuckin' LOUD in the IMAX lol. I had the same experience with Dunkirk at the IMAX but with that movie it wasn't a problem since there's barely any dialogue.

I will say it's paced well and never becomes boring. Didn't feel like 3 hours. There's one sequence towards the end I found really electrifying.

22 minutes ago, excel1 said:

Hide contents

which one?

Spoiler

Idk what the spoiler policy is for this thread so I hope this is cool, but when Jason Clark's character is grilling Oppenheimer about his culpability in the bombings and Strauss is revealing how he fucked Oppenheimer over. Robert Downey's acting was incredible there and the whole sequence is just really intense.

Have just seen this. I need some time to take it all in, but this was amazing. The acting was great across the board, even the smallest ones like those of Malek and DeHaan. But Murphy, Downey Jr., and Blunt were all fantastic.

The musical score here was crazy. Sometimes I felt I was watching a thriller or a horror movie because of the music, but I am with some of those who have mentioned that sometimes it was too loud to the point that I couldn't understand the lines anymore.

I definitely need a rewatch with subtitles. 😅 Because apart from the aforementioned audio issue, I feel like I missed important details and couldn't keep up with some of the scenes that had long dialogues.

This is going to be a frontrunner at the Oscars.

• Like 3

Just left the theater.

It's a fine film, but its length is a massive issue and really bloated the film. Great performances across the board, especially from Murphy, Blunt, and Downey. 

B/B-

Definitely one of Nolan's weakest films, but it is a technical marvel.

Emily Blunt's character was the easily the most popular and the one that got the most reactions.

I liked it a lot. thought it got better as it went on. The first hour is a loooot of that biopic stuff where Oppenheimer meets someone and they basically read their wikipedia pages to each other over and over again. once it gets out of that it's great. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

I liked it a lot. thought it got better as it went on. The first hour is a loooot of that biopic stuff where Oppenheimer meets someone and they basically read their wikipedia pages to each other over and over again. once it gets out of that it's great. 

Basically what my friend said as well. She said the first hour felt so much like a documentary.