MrPink

Oppenheimer | 2024 Academy Award Winner for Best Picture and Best Director

Just now, MrPink said:

You mean Kendall killing a guy and pretending like it never happened wasn't likable?

Oh, that guy. Proper mischievous. 

Was I the only one that was hoping they would all drown when they were on that pontoon at night?

7 minutes ago, hasanahmad said:

How is zattmurdoch not banned for instigation and trolling yet . It started during Spider-Man with Garfield and mods are still tolerating one of the reason I took a break from this forum for over 5 years. I come back and it’s still happening 

I love Nolan, this is arguably one of my most anticipated films. Bringing it up stuff that it’s uncomfortable to fans happens, and this is the thing that just is making the rounds now. Ignoring and attacking me is a great look, btw.

7 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

I love Nolan, this is arguably one of my most anticipated films. Bringing it up stuff that it’s uncomfortable to fans happens, and this is the thing that just is making the rounds now. Ignoring and attacking me is a great look, btw.

Is it making the rounds? Because these tweets are from a few days ago, and I don’t think they’ve gotten much traction to my knowledge. 

It obviously sucks that all the artists who worked on this aren’t being credited, but it seems weird to specifically point fingers at Nolan for this, when I would assume the blame would more so fall under Universal. This also isn’t exactly a unique problem. The unfortunate reality is that the vast majority of VFX artists almost never get credited on a major production. 

To be perfectly frank, it kind of comes across like you have a bone to pick here, especially considering how defensive I’ve seen you get over certain other people in Hollywood

20 minutes ago, hasanahmad said:

How is zattmurdoch not banned for instigation and trolling yet . It started during Spider-Man with Garfield and mods are still tolerating one of the reason I took a break from this forum for over 5 years. I come back and it’s still happening 

just put him in ignore and let him rant away

Just now, WittyUsername said:

Is it making the rounds? Because these tweets are from a few days ago, and I don’t think they’ve gotten much traction to my knowledge. 

It obviously sucks that all the artists who worked on this aren’t being credited, but it seems weird to specifically point fingers at Nolan for this, when I would assume the blame would more so fall under Universal. This also isn’t exactly a unique problem. The unfortunate reality is that the vast majority of VFX artists almost never get credited on a major production. 

To be perfectly frank, it kind of comes across like you have a bone to pick here, especially considering how defensive I’ve seen you get over certain other people in Hollywood

Search DNEG and Nolan on Twitter. See it for yourself.

Also, this thread:

Including people that worked on the film talking about this. Posted yesterday.

3 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

Search DNEG and Nolan on Twitter. See it for yourself.

Also, this thread:

Including people that worked on the film talking about this. Posted yesterday.

Once more, I agree that this sucks. I just find it odd that you’re acting like this exclusion was all Nolan’s doing. 

Edited by WittyUsername

12 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

Once more, I agree that this sucks. I just find it odd that you’re acting like this exclusion was all Nolan’s doing. 

Look dude, I’m a Nolan fan. I’m also a Marvel Studios fan. I’ve been on record several times here calling Marvel Studios and Disney on their bullshit when it comes to how they treat their VFX workers, I’ve been very vocal against Sony’s sweat shops for animation work on Across the Spider-Verse. I’m capable of admiring artists and criticizing them at same time.

If you think that I’m being hard on Nolan, just take a look at what people that actually worked on CGI shots on the film are talking about him on social media. It’s there, linked to anyone to see. Deflecting this with personal attacks against me for pointing this out that yeah, it’s making the rounds and people that actually worked on this film to deliver it and make it look as good as it does aren’t pleased with their treatment isn’t trolling. It’s been fair with the crew that worked on the film. Nolan could be celebrating the people that worked on this film with yes, CGI shots. Him saying several times that there isn’t CGI shots whatsoever and the credits not listening them isn’t a good look. Period.

Edited by ZattMurdock
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

Look dude, I’m a Nolan fan. I’m also a Marvel Studios fan. I’ve been on record several times here calling Marvel Studios and Disney on their bullshit when it comes to how they treat their VFX workers, I’ve been very vocal against Sony’s sweat shops for animation work on Across the Spider-Verse. I’m capable of admiring artists and criticizing them at same time.

If you think that I’m being hard on Nolan, just take a look at what people that actually worked on CGI shots on the film are talking about him on social media. It’s there, linked to anyone to see. Deflecting this with personal attacks against me for pointing this out that yeah, it’s making the rounds and people that actually worked on this film to deliver it and make it look as good as it does isn’t trolling. It’s been fair with the crew that worked on the film. Nolan could be celebrating the people that worked on this film with yes, CGI shots. Him saying several times that there isn’t CGI shots whatsoever and the credits not listening them isn’t a good look. Period.

I didn’t say you were being “hard on Nolan.” He’s one of the biggest directors in Hollywood. He can survive some person on a box office forum ranting about him. Your anger over this just comes across as weirdly misplaced. It doesn’t help that you’ve been spamming this stuff several times in the past few weeks now.

I’m sorry, but I’m convinced you have a bone to pick here. 

Edited by WittyUsername

4 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

I didn’t say you were being “hard on Nolan.” He’s one of the biggest directors in Hollywood. He can survive some person on a box office forum ranting about him. Your anger over this just comes across as weirdly misplaced. It doesn’t help that you’ve been spamming this stuff several times in the past few weeks now. 

I follow Film Twitter / Threads. I comment about what is being talked about there, and when I see something that I think it’s wrong, no matter if I love the film or not, I give my 2 cents on it. It’s just weird and an argument fallacy to make this about me when all of us do that. To each their own, I guess.

4 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

I’m sorry, but I’m convinced you have a bone to pick here. 

this is by definition concerned trolling

concern troll

• In an argument (usually a political debate), a concern troll is someone who is on one side of the discussion, but pretends to be a supporter of the other side with "concerns". The idea behind this is that your opponents will take your arguments more seriously if they think you're an ally. Concern trolls who use fake identities are sometimes known as sockpuppets.

1 hour ago, redfirebird2008 said:

Grace said Oppenheimer should not be the lead character in a movie that is based on a book about Oppenheimer's life. Lol

This tracks. Outrage culture on Twitter 𝕏 is a disease. Hopefully Threads will be able to circumvent that pitffall. She is likely getting a shitload of engagement out of this schtick.

• Haha 1

On 7/19/2023 at 6:40 PM, Killimano3 said:

Really happy that Oppenheimer is getting good reviews. I've been a bit fan of all his films but Tenet was so bad I couldn't make it through the first hour. I don't know if it got better or something but the story seemed like total nonsense, and it was so bland. Almost like an AI generated the story. I genuinely couldn't for the life of me figure out what the characters were doing, or why, or honestly who they were

Tenet still feels like a parody to me, like a newbie director who worships Nolan doing his best Inception impression. Yet forgetting Inception wasn’t just convoluted, it actually made sense and was masterfully executed. Such a strange movie so far into his career (Tenet). 

1 hour ago, hasanahmad said:

Well if you hit the report button and give an explanation as to why we should give Zatt warning points, that can solve your problem. All the mods have lives and jobs and other things to take care of outside of this forum. And now that we are the busiest we have ever been, with 20,000+ posts the past two months alone, it's almost impossible to check every single thread at every single time.

Hitting "Report" doesn't mean we will always give Zatt warning points, since we can and sometimes will disagree on a report, but it's better than throwing a fit and being all "WHY ISN'T HE BANNED????????"

And if you think that is still not enough, then you're more than free to @ me specifically and say, "hey, Zatt's being a problem because XYZ. Can you give them warning points?" It's a lot better than what you're doing right now bruv.

1 minute ago, MovieMan89 said:

Tenet still feels like a parody to me, like a newbie director who worships Nolan doing his best Inception impression. Yet forgetting Inception wasn’t just convoluted, it actually made sense and was masterfully executed. Such a strange movie so far into his career (Tenet). 

I wasn’t around here for the convos on Tenet but I legit and non ironically love that film. I will never understand the criticism it got, I still think its RT rating is preposterous. I’d rank as top Nolan, it’s weird in the same sense of The Prestige, my favorite film of his. Few films made me want to instantly rewatch once it was finished and Tenet pulled that trick on me. 

For those that went to watch Oppenheimer in 70mm IMAX, did you get your film strip souvenir before entering the theatres?

Still not well enough to sit in the theatre for 3 hours yet, but I really want one of the film strip...I want to just buy a obscure seat to get a film strip...

TENET is still better than most action films made today. It is not amazing in Nolan standards, but still has a lot to offer. The two main leads are good and it was some amazingly executed action sequences. The film makes sense if you pay attention to it. Just asks a lot from the audience, but that's the same with most Nolan films including OPPENHEIMER. I don't fault him making an intellectual blockbuster. I'm happy that he decided to do OPPENHEIMER next though, because that's the type of films of his I really enjoy. Rewatching THE PRESTIGE atm, what an absolute masterclass of storytelling that is.

Edited by The Dark Alfred
  • Like 3