charlie Jatinder

SHANG CHI SECOND WEEKEND THREAD: 35.8M (-53%), DILF Leung Conquers #1 Spot | Free Guy 5.8, Malignant 5.6, Candyman 4.9, Jungle Cruise 2.4, Card Counter 1.1

4 hours ago, Krissykins said:

If I was an exec, I’d green light a sequel based on Cruella’s numbers. 

But not Jungle Cruise. It still hasn’t reached its production budget worldwide. I also think JC is getting a bit of a free pass with the trades.

I think Disney really wants another POTC style franchise, and willing to double down on this if they need to, and see how it does in normal times. 

Plus, The Rock remains one of the few guys who can headline a big action movie on his own. From Disney's perspective, breaking even with him on JC2 is better than him making a summer blockbuster for a competing studio. 

Speaking of The Rock…when is the next Jumanji movie coming out? I know COVID probably put things at a halt, but I would assume they would put a new movie in development by now, especially considering the numbers the last movie made. It’s very weird

5 hours ago, Krissykins said:

If I was an exec, I’d green light a sequel based on Cruella’s numbers

But not Jungle Cruise. It still hasn’t reached its production budget worldwide. I also think JC is getting a bit of a free pass with the trades.

Maybe they are seeing something, because in most market it is true that the numbers do seem quite bad, getting beat by Suicide Squad, Space jam and or Tom and Jerry. Cruella being 30% bigger intl minus China is strange.

• Like 1