The Wild Eric

IATSE Strike Discussion Thread | Deal ratified

2 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

not surprised both sides are preparing in case this lasts long terms doesnt mean that it will though.

@Plain Old Tele any news my friend ?

• Like 1

The studios as usual are dragging their heels and will be stubborn. Normally, I'd expect this strike to be a sure thing. However, the industry is still recovering from the pandemic and are vulnerable. That's why I'm optimistic about this getting resolved quicker sooner than later. 

• Like 1

https://variety.com/2021/tv/news/iatse-strike-hollywood-cobra-kai-networks-1235089442/

According to insiders across multiple networks who spoke with Variety, the feeling is that a deal will be reached that satisfies both sides before the deadline hits at 12:01 a.m. PT Monday or shortly thereafter. 

We will see

Edited by john2000
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, Plain Old Tele said:

The first reply says everything that needs to be said about the empathy of a certain subset of fans. 

The current first reply is saying that frosty is full of shit and negotiations are still in ongoing 😂

But super excited he is riling up the Spiderman fan boys. I mean that basically is his gimmick 🙄

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Cap said:

The current first reply is saying that frosty is full of shit and negotiations are still in ongoing 😂

But super excited he is riling up the Spiderman fan boys. I mean that basically is his gimmick 🙄

I mean variety post was saying otherwise i posted it above.Still he maybe is right

1 minute ago, Plain Old Tele said:

Shit, lol. The one I meant said he didn’t support the union if it meant Mandalorian would be delayed. 

Someone should tell him without the Union the mandalorian wouldn’t get made

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Plain Old Tele said:

The trades are basically being used as negotiating extensions by both sides. But also, there will be at least one more effort to find a deal over the weekend, I’m sure of that. The union will exhaust all opportunities before the strike formally happens. 

Between this guy and variety i am inclined to believe variety and also in that guys post there was another reporter who said that he was on a call with the  IATSE and they didnt mention a walk out

The reporter was from reuters

Edited by john2000