Eric Duncan

IATSE Strike Discussion Thread | Deal ratified

19 hours ago, Mojoguy said:

I can't believe how much shady stuff happens behind the scenes. I thought meal breaks were already a given. Social media really has opened all our eyes to this mistreatment.

Social media is the home of exaggerated complaints of people who love to paint themselves as victims. 80% of what people post on social media is manipulative bullshit.

• Knock It Off 2

21 hours ago, Eric Atreides said:

Studios don’t care about fairness or respect towards their employees. Those capitalist executive pigs who work at the top would gladly let the little people work themselves to death while they rake in all the profits. Why else would I parrot that capitalism will kill us faster than Corona will?

Catpitalism has given you the tools to rant your opinion on this very platform.

• Knock It Off 1

38 minutes ago, Chicago said:

Catpitalism has given you the tools to rant your opinion on this very platform.

I wish I didn't get banned if I told you to go fuck yourself. But because I would get at least some form of backlash for doing it, I'm not literally telling you to go fuck yourself. But think about it :Gaga:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, YourMother said:

Imagine being ignorant enough to miss the point on what Eric is saying.

He's saying capitalism will kill us faster than Covid, i have to laugh at the ignorance of that comment alone. Capitalism gave us the cure to covid lol

You kids are funny

• ...wtf 1
  • Knock It Off 1

7 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

I wish I didn't get banned if I told you to go fuck yourself. But because I would get at least some form of backlash for doing it, I'm not literally telling you to go fuck yourself. But think about it :Gaga:

'Said on his computer build through capitalism.'

I love how when someone puts everything in perspective for some of you, you resort to anger and insults. Pretty much sums up your intelligence

Also if it helps mods, please dont ban him for his comment as I really dont mind 

Edited by Chicago
  • Knock It Off 1

4 minutes ago, Chicago said:

'Said on his computer build through capitalism.'

I love how when someone puts everything in perspective for some of you, you resort to anger and insults. Pretty much sums up your intelligence

Also if it helps mods, please dont ban him for his comment as I really dont mind 

A real life personification of this on the forums, never thought I would see the day

e47.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 18
  • Astonished 1

Anyways....

Call me naive, but I think we'll have a deal reached either before a strike commences or shortly after. The studios are still reeling from the pandemic shut down and can't afford to take a hit from their union workers going on strike.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, keysersoze123 said:

it would be good for everyone if Fox News goes offline for a while 🙂

It would great for everyone if all the news networks went offline and we only had print media.  America's news networks are absolutely ridiculous cesspools of toxic personalities and disinformation.  Print media isn't necessarily more accurate, but at least all sensationalism and bloviating doesn't work nearly as well in that format.

And capitalism in of itself isn't bad per se, its unfettered late stage capitalism with mega conglomerates, monopolies, and oligarchs that have completely captured our government and institutions thats bad and unfortunately thats where we're at.  Capitalism today doesn't have the same meaning today it did 50 years ago.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

Yeah, I'm fully expecting a strike to happen now. You film buffs better start building up that backlog, because you're going to need one badly next year.

Fine for me!  I have a couple of thousand titles sitting at home on these things called Blu-ray and DVD discs!  Back in ancient times people used to rely on these for home entertainment, prior to the "streaming era" when consumers *thought* that every title ever made was available to them...

Edited by Macleod
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

It would great for everyone if all the news networks went offline and we only had print media.  America's news networks are absolutely ridiculous cesspools of toxic personalities and disinformation.  Print media isn't necessarily more accurate, but at least all sensationalism and bloviating doesn't work nearly as well in that format.

And capitalism in of itself isn't bad per se, its unfettered late stage capitalism with mega conglomerates, monopolies, and oligarchs that have completely captured our government and institutions thats bad and unfortunately thats where we're at.  Capitalism today doesn't have the same meaning today it did 50 years ago.

A-to-the-MEN. I increasingly see these worldly economic systems as means by which people can either improve society or make it worse/more unfair. This industry has made it worse in many ways for these workers, and they deserved to be checked. Even one of my conservative parents thinks the industry in many ways brought the workers' current response onto themselves. It's not rocket science to believe that this strike is 100% justified.

On 10/4/2021 at 6:49 PM, Plain Old Tele said:

Let them pay us decent wages for decent hours (among other things).

This should be a no brainer. However, what do we expect from the industry that pays actors and CEO's ridiculous amounts of money and then goes ultra cheap on everyone else to offset the cost? So next time when actors and actresses and some directors, who receive 30,40,50M per movie,  start tweeting social justice platitudes about disowning their privilege and crying a river cause superhero character X didn't get an action figure, ask them when they are going to refuse obscene paycheck so that best boy could get a raise. 

The disparity between overpaid/overpampered 1% and the rest is enormous, and the privileged ones contribute to the problem because they want more. They also know how to manipulate social media to appear socially conscious without actually having to give up anything. 

I apologize if I got it all wrong but celebrity salaries always bothered me and even more so the audacity to act like they fight for justice. If they did then why there's a strike? Eh? 

3 hours ago, Chicago said:

He's saying capitalism will kill us faster than Covid, i have to laugh at the ignorance of that comment alone. Capitalism gave us the cure to covid lol

You kids are funny

...there’s no cure for covid.