Eric the Fall Guy

No Hard Feelings | Sony | June 23, 2023 | The return of J-Law and R-rated comedies!

Looks fun. This wasn't really on my radar but I'm rooting for it now to be good. Also pretty sure there's gonna be some ridiculous forced discourse on the age gap when it comes out, especially if it does well.  

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

I came to this thread to ask if anyone else thought it would move because the trailer wasn’t even out yet…

This totally flew under my radar. Maybe because it looks like it was the day Scream 6 came out: 

It does feel like a muted ad campaign, so I get the confusion. I remember the first trailer came out, it got minor discussions, and then there hasn't been a peep since then. It's weird.

• Like 1

This feels like it's going to be one of the bigger marketing casualties due to the strike sending the talk show circuit offline for the most part (JLaw appearing on all of them was likely a big part of the promotion initially) but Sony's also busy pushing Spider-Man right now and this comes out three weeks later so I imagine marketing for this will really step up once that passes.

Edited by filmlover
  • Like 2

On 5/17/2023 at 6:48 AM, filmlover said:

This feels like it's going to be one of the bigger marketing casualties due to the strike sending the talk show circuit offline for the most part (JLaw appearing on all of them was likely a big part of the promotion initially) but Sony's also busy pushing Spider-Man right now and this comes out three weeks later so I imagine marketing for this will really step up once that passes.

Yeah I was thinking this. I still think the WOM from the initial trailer should help though and I see this movie still being a hit but they definitely are gonna take a hit with the talk shows gone.

I agree with Filmlover and AMC Theaters Enjoyer about the no late night shows point in regards to the marketing

Something else I was thinking was has the trailer for this been attached to like ANY movies in theaters? I feel the awareness for this movie on like social media/film twitter is good, but I don't feel like any of my friends or anything know this exists. They really should've tried to attach the Red band trailer to John Wick Chapter 4 (that's the only rated R movie that was big in anyway so far this year at I can think of)

26 minutes ago, Pinacolada said:

I agree with Filmlover and AMC Theaters Enjoyer about the no late night shows point in regards to the marketing

Something else I was thinking was has the trailer for this been attached to like ANY movies in theaters? I feel the awareness for this movie on like social media/film twitter is good, but I don't feel like any of my friends or anything know this exists. They really should've tried to attach the Red band trailer to John Wick Chapter 4 (that's the only rated R movie that was big in anyway so far this year at I can think of)

I got the trailer (green band, obviously) before my showing of Fast X yesterday.