Weekday Numbers (10/25-28) | Dune 3.65M Monday

Examples of European legs for Dune (estimates):

Multiplier Total OW  
5.1 6 1.18 Netherlands
5.1 22.5 4.44 Germany
3.9 9.5 2.46 Spain
3.7 26.5 7.21 France
3.6 9 2.5 Italy

UK lands probably between Italy and Spain on the list like France. Then comparing that to US legs gives a fair ballpark to estimate HBO Max effect to legs.

26 minutes ago, von Kenni said:

Examples of European legs for Dune (estimates):

Multiplier Total OW  
5.1 6 1.18 Netherlands
5.1 22.5 4.44 Germany
3.9 9.5 2.46 Spain
3.7 26.5 7.21 France
3.6 9 2.5 Italy

UK lands probably between Italy and Spain on the list like France. Then comparing that to US legs gives a fair ballpark to estimate HBO Max effect to legs.

That’ll be messed up because we’ve had a holiday all week here in the UK. 

20 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

That’ll be messed up because we’ve had a holiday all week here in the UK. 

I'm sure that can be adjusted one way or another enough to keep the comparison hold true. E.g. Gravity, Interstellar, Martian were released with close by time frames in the fall so we can make baselines with them.

Scott Mendelson's today's story he states that total cume is currently $53.8m. Not knowing his complete suite of daily numbers but point even just $2.2m for Thursday which would be a huge crash, but also totally inconsistent with other days... I hope it's not right. Anything below $2.6m would be awful at this point.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, von Kenni said:

Scott Mendelson's today's story he states that total cume is currently $53.8m. Not knowing his complete suite of daily numbers but point even just $2.2m for Thursday which would be a huge crash, but also totally inconsistent with other days... I hope it's not right. Anything below $2.6m would be awful at this point.

Which means Wednesday number was wrong. Its stupid on WB to not reporting dailies. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, von Kenni said:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Scott Mendelson

Yesterday:

Dune passed $50 million domestic on day six with a $3.1 million (-21% from Tuesday) Wednesday gross. It’ll end its first week with $54 million

Today:

The good news is that the film has earned $53.8 million in eight days, a decent 1.31x weekend-to-cume multiplier.

That Wednesday number is in line with what EmpireCity reported for Tuesday ($3.9m).

Well, fishy numbers would explain why Dune would get Gravity level and better than NTTD weekday numbers. With NTTD numbers would have been: Tue $3.78m, Wed $3.03m, Thu $2.6m which would still get about $0.2m over $51.87m. I guess we know on Monday the actual numbers, or someday...

27 minutes ago, exomassey said:

So what then is the estimated Mon-Thurs breakdown with the number being $53.87m?

Hard to say if we cannot trust any of the numbers. IF all the previous numbers from Scott & EmpireCity are accurate, then it would be something like:

3.65 - 3.9 - 3.1 - 2.22 or 3.65 - 3.85 - 3.05 - 2.32, still hard to believe to the Thu drop if otherwise have been consistent with others. Hard to estimate weekend drop without knowing the true weekday numbers but the lower than expected weekday total would lover the weekend estimate in any case. Instead of the 50-55% drop estimate I'd put it around $15.8-17.9m, 56-61% drop. But wouldn't trust my new model as much as the previous without knowing those exact weekday numbers. Gut tells to keep it cool and go for 19.

13 minutes ago, von Kenni said:

Hard to say if we cannot trust any of the numbers. IF all the previous numbers from Scott & EmpireCity are accurate, then it would be something like:

3.65 - 3.9 - 3.1 - 2.22 or 3.65 - 3.85 - 3.05 - 2.32, still hard to believe to the Thu drop if otherwise have been consistent with others. Hard to estimate weekend drop without knowing the true weekday numbers but the lower than expected weekday total would lover the weekend estimate in any case. Instead of the 50-55% drop estimate I'd put it around $15.8-17.9m, 56-61% drop. But wouldn't trust my new model as much as the previous without knowing those exact weekday numbers. Gut tells to keep it cool and go for 19.

BoPro

18.4M projection| total 73.4M indicating 55M for Thursday 

BoReport

17M projection| total  70.9M indicating 53.9M for Thursday

BoReport was bang on with there figure of actuals. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Ronin46 said:

BoPro

18.4M projection| total 73.4M indicating 55M for Thursday 

BoReport

17M projection| total  70.9M indicating 53.9M for Thursday

BoReport was bang on with there figure of actuals. 

I guess they know more and in light of this that 17 weekend projection is probably close. Would mean 58.5% drop which would be very good already and almost the same as with NTTD's 2nd weekend drop of 56.9%. Anything below 60% is a win.

4 minutes ago, von Kenni said:

I guess they know more and in light of this that 17 weekend projection is probably close. Would mean 58.5% drop which would be very good already and almost the same as with NTTD's 2nd weekend drop of 56.9%. Anything below 60% is a win.

Could just be an anomaly but if they were basing it off Empires numbers on Mon/Tue etc then they would really not get to 53.9 so I think they have a source at WB to be that accurate. I have not checked there other WB numbers before as the other WB movies were so low so it was pointless. I will keep my eye on it in the future.

17M would be fine. I was initially thinking 16m last week so 17 is fine but a little disappointing for where it looked like it might be.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1