Eric Lasagna

⊃∪∩⪽ Part II | March 1, 2024 | Reactions drop February 15, reviews February 21 | Zendaya for our next C-3P0

4 minutes ago, Elessar said:

Then why cast him in the first place? I guess my answer is no.

Am I smoking spice, but I thought the emperor looked to be in his 30s/early40s (it's over 2 decades since I read the first 3 books). 

If everything goes perfectly, they wouldn't be done filming until at least December and would need to get the vast majority of post production done within 6 months.  

I'm going to guess this moves to either Summer 2024 or October 2024.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, EmpireCity said:

If everything goes perfectly, they wouldn't be done filming until at least December and would need to get the vast majority of post production done within 6 months.  

No way.

Max December 2023.

3 hours ago, EmpireCity said:

This being a awards season player, I don't think they would release it in summer.

• Like 1

Part One was shot between March and July of 2019 for (what would have been) a December 2020 release and I'm gonna guess the post-production work for this probably won't need to be nearly as long given that the world is established. If this begins filming in July and wraps in November it doesn't seem impossible for it to make its October date next year.

4 hours ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

Am I smoking spice, but I thought the emperor looked to be in his 30s/early40s (it's over 2 decades since I read the first 3 books). 

Maybe they changed it for the movie.

If this movie needs to get delayed to allow for more time in post-production, I don’t see why it would need to get pushed back an entire year. At this point, it seems unlikely that we’re getting a Star Wars or Star Trek movie in December 2023, so maybe this movie could take that spot. 

9 hours ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

This is a concept the general audience would struggle with. People have issues with Jessica not looking significantly older than Paul already.

On 5/12/2022 at 3:52 PM, Last Man Standing said:

Inspired casting, totally out of the left field but fits the character perfectly.

Walken is a very good actor, but at times when in villian mode he chews the scenary a bit much. I hope that VIlleaneuva can keep it under control. Th director indulged this in "View To A Kill"  and it hurt the film. Yes, Bond film villians are supposed to be over the top, but Walken took it way too far.

As for age, I think an age change from the book is a very minor matter. i can understand why the director does not want two, "Gee, the parent does not look much older then the grown kid" couplws in the same movie.

16 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

At this point, it seems unlikely that we’re getting a Star Wars or Star Trek movie in December 2023, so maybe this movie could take that spot. 

I have heard rumors of a much better movie taking that spot. 

• Haha 1