Eric the Marxist

⊃∪∩⪽ Part II | March 1, 2024 | Reactions drop February 15, reviews February 21 | Zendaya for our next C-3P0

13 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

DUNC crossed 400M WW with covid and day and date release on HBO Max. DUNC II shouldn't have problem crossing 600M in much more favorable circumstances. 

I agree, and it got good WOM both domestically and internationally. With that goodwill built in and a heavier emphasis on action, as long as the quality is kept up the numbers will see a notable boost. I can even see much higher than 600M depending on the response.

1 hour ago, John Marston said:

should move up one week. Even if The Marvels underperforms it will still take away IMAX/PLF screens

Imax guarantees at least 2 weeks of run. So Marvel have to wait for its 2nd week to take away Imax. PLF can however be shared. Dune took this slot long before Marvel was rescheduled to this slot. Plus it is entirely shot for Imax as well. 

I am not even sure how Imax for Marvels will work as even Hunger Games will have some shows guaranteed. It would be interesting to note closer to release. 

11 hours ago, AMC Theaters Enjoyer said:

I agree, and it got good WOM both domestically and internationally. With that goodwill built in and a heavier emphasis on action, as long as the quality is kept up the numbers will see a notable boost. I can even see much higher than 600M depending on the response.

I think between 600-700M is realistic. 600 being the floor.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ThePhasmid said:

Yeah, they did a good job not revealing too much here while enticing the audience to an epic journey. 700M WW doesn't seem too far fetched at this point. It doesn't have much direct competition until Christmas.

huh? It faces two action blockbusters and it seems it will lose large screens right away. Should move up