Eric is Anxious

⊃∪∩⪽ Part II | March 1, 2024 | Reactions drop February 15, reviews February 21 | Zendaya for our next C-3P0

Critics doesn't mean that much... i mean people already know from reactions and posts of the first days critics approved the movie so 78-79-80...93-94-95% doesn't make that difference anymore. What is important now It's WOM.

Saying that still i find weird this movie is gonna end with that score while Harry Potter last movie has 85. I know comparing a movie against another movie makes not that sense for several reasons, but please 

Edited by vale9001

I'll be seeing the movie tomorrow but it will be my longest trip to a movie theater ever.

No IMAX theater in my little hometown so I'll have to be flying 900km over to the NYC equivalent of my country to catch a prime time showing Saturday night 7:00PM. And since the trip already made I already book another showing 9:00AM the next morning and fly back home that afternoon.

Luckily I've spent a good part of my life in that major city before moving back so it's all familiar.

Edited by nguyenkhoi282
  • Like 1
  • Astonished 3

I'm watching it again Tuesday. I'll be honest, the experience Sunday was a little underwhelming compared to the first one mainly because my seat and screen weren't great (and my edible was a dud), but holy shitballs what a movie, I haven't been able to stop thinking about it. I'll be watching on a proper IMAX screen and effectively high. THIS TIME WILL BE THE TIME.

I'm not going to "weather vane" my guesses, despite reading some recent data suggesting a downward trend - LFP performance is strong around me all weekend in a very unexceptional market, and I believe in the legs of the movie especially OS. I'm sticking to these but give myself about $30M leeway on each side except for OW obviously:

$80M OW

$225 DOM

$525 INT

$750 WW

If it makes at least as that much WW, I won't be surprised if my DOM guess was too much and INT too little. America has some issues with edgier sci fi. But maybe the film can overcome that. 

Edited by IchwanBigBrother
  • Like 1