Eric S'ennui

⊃∪∩⪽ Part II | March 1, 2024 | Reactions drop February 15, reviews February 21 | Zendaya for our next C-3P0

47 minutes ago, vale9001 said:

Let's talk about the Oscar chances. Actors imo, especially with such a very early release, are out of any possibility, if not for Butler (but very very hard to him too).

The difference from the first this time should be more possibilities for Villenueve and a director nod. 

It's a shame because tbh Timothee, Zendaya, Javier, Austin and Rebecca all put in work

• Like 1

Checked my best local theater app again (in my extremely average market - neither especially young, rich or urbane). Now, almost all PLF shows at times which aren't insane are sold out (only shit seats in front row left or a corner here or there don't really count) and even the Non-PLF screens are starting to fill in. 

If this is happening here, I side with the many social media projections tonight agreeing with my initial view - I continue to believe it really will clear $80M. Great growth from Part One. Word is working for it. 835060ae-742d-4cf6-8346-6f80fe2285d1_tex

Edited by IchwanBigBrother

Also...

Spoiler

I was gutted to not hear the OST track  "Only I Will Remain" in the film. That back half of the track is literally ascending.  I fully thought it would be the closing track to the movie. It probably played during the credits but I forgot to stay. 

Also, just seeing the pace of Chinese presales, I'm gonna be delusional and believe in a $30M+ OW there. Japan also I think $3.5M+. 

Edited by ando
  • Like 1

Spoiler

During Part 2 Chani literally said the lines of the opening of Dune Part 1 in this film "Arrakis is so beautiful when the sun is low". So does that mean that whole opening sequence of Part 1 was part of one of Paul's dreams? 

Lady Margot putting Feyd through the box of pain test was an awesome parallel to Paul's test. How Denis left the Gom Jabbar until the final frame in the scene was so sick. 

This entire movie is a visual marvel but this scene was the standout. I've also never seen Austin Butler in anything before this, and while I'm not rushing to watch ELVIS, he is spectacular.

Edited by Morieris
  • Like 4

10 minutes ago, Morieris said:

This entire movie is a visual marvel but this scene was the standout. I've also never seen Austin Butler in anything before this, and while I'm not rushing to watch ELVIS, he is spectacular.

Honestly i was ready to say "ok that kinda of over acting weird performance of a villain internet loves a lot".

But I have to admit he was really really good. I mean of course the physical transformation helps a lot but the performance has shades and it's never over the top. 

• Like 1

I was equally stunned by that opening sequence

Spoiler

under the eclipse.

Such striking imagery and involving atmosphere

Edited by Merkel
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, vale9001 said:

Honestly i was ready to say "ok that kinda of over acting weird performance of a villain internet loves a lot".

But I have to admit he was really really good. I mean of course the physical transformation helps a lot but the performance has shades and it's never over the top. 

Spoiler

he is basically a gloried cameo, they hyped him as if he would be a kylo ren type presence, yet he has 5 min of screen time