titanic2187

Halloween Weekend Thread | D:$15.53m HK: $8.5m NTTD: $7.82m

5 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

16-17m weekend then, 60% drop, I guess 100m is gone.  

I was under the impression this was exactly what we were expecting. Steep second weekend drop, but not quite as bad as other HBOMax movies and about $90M final. 

(Also, we already have a greenlit sequel and almost assuredly $300M WW gross. The movie doesn't really need to hit $100M at this point).

7 minutes ago, von Kenni said:

Expecting a good bump for Sat and ending up $17m+. Should sub 60% weekend and over $16.4m at least which is more than good.

Sunday drop should be steeper than normal, though, due to Halloween.

5 minutes ago, Gavin Feng said:

-60% from last Friday without previews. The hold is better than most  HBO Max releases this year if not all.

Yeah, as much as there has been talk of HBOMax hurting OWs (which is definitely has), where it really undercuts is in legs (probably by cutting repeat viewings).

Edited by Starphanluke
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Avatar Legion said:

Came in on higher end of what mtc1 looked like imo. Should be about 60% drop, on the strong side. Barely over 100 is my guess.

I think only Conjuring 3 had 57% and sub 60% of the HBO Max releases so yeah, on the strong side. It'll get most likely over that 100 and depending on how next weekend goes, how much.

5 minutes ago, Starphanluke said:

I was under the impression this was exactly what we were expecting. Steep second weekend drop, but not quite as bad as other HBOMax movies and about $90M final. 

(Also, we already have a greenlit sequel and almost assuredly $300M WW gross. The movie doesn't really need to hit $100M at this point).

No practical scenario where WW is sub 300. Not really any scenario where sub 350. Heading between 360-380 currently.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Starphanluke said:

Sunday drop should be steeper than normal, though, due to Halloween.

Yeah, as much as there has been talk of HBOMax hurting OWs (which is definitely has), where it really undercuts is in legs (probably by cutting repeat viewings).

Yeah, factor a higher Sunday drop there already, and yeah, have to admit like with the OW that Shai-hulud bows again to HBO Max. I mean the result is more than good and strong compared to other DaD releases but cannot but to feel how it drags downward.

That seems like an acceptable second weekend drop for Dune all things considered. Take away the HBO Max factor and it likely would've seen a possible sub-50% drop this weekend.

The openers are meh, unsurprisingly. Soho was always going to be more of a future cult hit than a box office one but it's obvious it wouldn't have done much better even in its original late September 2020 spot pre-COVID. Oh well, still gonna catch it in theaters before it disappears. Antlers felt like it was going to be a dump even when it was supposed to come out originally 18 months ago so it met the low expectations the studio always had for it. The French Dispatch is looking to make around $10-15M, which doesn't seem too out of the ordinary for a Wes Anderson flick that was his least praised movie in a while.

Edited by filmlover
  • Like 2