titanic2187

Halloween Weekend Thread | D:$15.53m HK: $8.5m NTTD: $7.82m

This morning in the tracking thread, Shawn said that Soho preview numbers wouldn’t be released until Sunday. The post isn’t there now, so that may not be the case anymore. But I guess they’re still doing something weird. Maybe only releasing the previews+Friday number

15 minutes ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

every single Ghostbusters film so far has made over 100m , unless you think the franchise is damaged goods now like Terminator

In these difficult times, Idk. The last movie made 128M and was not very well liked I think. 

And of course that's just my opinion but I don't care at all this time.

Still no weekend numbers 🤨. So probably the numbers of the new releases are not too impressive.

How much I miss the times when we had hours ago some (slightly wrong) numbers to discuss and moan or cheer.

4 minutes ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

every single Ghostbusters film so far has made over 100m , unless you think the franchise is damaged goods now like Terminator

This new movie has a total different tone from the previous films, older audiences are not fully back to theaters, and the fans of the 2016 film are being alienated. Reviews are nothing exceptional, and the trailers are boring, so I can't see casuals being much excited for it either.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

This new movie has a total different tone from the previous films, older audiences are not fully back to theaters, and the fans of the 2016 film are being alienated. Reviews are nothing exceptional, and the trailers are boring, so I can't see casuals being much excited for it either.

I'm not convinced Ghostbusters is being embraced by younger generations in general either tbh, doesn't feel like as much of a pop culture deal as other properties from the 80s like back to the future

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Cmasterclay said:

If I didn't post on these boards I would have no idea Antlers was a movie that existed, and I'm a regular moviegoer who watches alot of football over the weekend with ads.

I was so hyped for it before it got delayed. The short story it's based on is pretty good. Sadly seems like the movie is a bore. Might still watch it tonight or something if I get my work done.

3 hours ago, Napoleon said:

Equally alienated are those OG fans who got labeled sexist cry-babies only now to have Aykroyd & Co. crawling right back to them.

Sony is treating Afterlife like a winner. But yeah I don't get the sense people are truly excited about this.

• Like 1

Real numbers not very pretty. MHA was insanely frontloaded may not be even the biggest opener this weekend. I am think low 2's. it sold just over 53K tickets(725K gross) and looking at @Menor post, MTC2 was also frontloaded. Thinking MTC will over index and gross in low 2's today :-(

Dune finished at 72411/435669 1149473.94 2346 shows. It lost tons of shows and only Imax shined today. Thinking 5m friday. Hopefully halloween will ensure it has a good multi but @Avatar Legion was on the point on this. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 6

Going to see Ghostbusters: Afterlife but honestly haven't sensed much real world excitement for it this whole time, at least the overblown negativity surrounding the 2016 movie generated some curiosity in it. That opening projection will likely go down the closer we get to release barring a miracle happening for the movie.

MHA will do very poorly compared to the 2019 entry. I have heard that the two most recent seasons have been received poorly, that may be playing a role. Or the much great competition. … or maybe the target audience is being forced to stay at home by their parents until they can get those newly approved shots :ph34r:

Looks like I used up all my forecasting mojo for the month on Dune 2nd fri, and that is why Eternals will do 70% of my hopes. Sorry y’all :sparta:

Edited by Avatar Legion

4 minutes ago, Avatar Legion said:

MHA will do very poorly compared to the 2019 entry. I have heard that the two most recent seasons have been received poorly, that may be playing a role. Or the much great competition. … or maybe the target audience is being forced to stay at home by their parents until they can get those newly approved shots :ph34r:

Looks like I used up all my forecasting mojo for the month on Dune 2nd fri, and that is why Eternals will do 70% of my hopes. Sorry y’all :sparta:

You should take a potion of hope juice from @john2000.

• Haha 1