Eric Lasagna

Weekend Thread (12/3-5)

1 hour ago, Krissykins said:

I was never buying the “Ghostbusters will be over $100m by thanksgiving Sunday” comments. 

It’s headed for a multiplier similar to the 2016 film. Think some got overexcited with this one. 

Nope, it's gonna land where I said a month+ before it opened...$100M to Free Guy DOM:)...although it may squeak an extra few dollars above Free Guy, but I'm feeling like I pegged that movie exactly...especially compared to all the projection services...

I did well in Oct/Nov, so it's time to screw up all the Christmas releases b/c their bookings are gonna be so weird with so many opening and trying to squeeze in around Spidey, which 1st I thought wouldn't get squeezed (over $200M club) then I thought would (then I got out of the club), and now I have no idea, so I'm just leaving my 2nd thoughts in the contest and clubs and will be amused when my 1st thoughts came to pass...or more amused if my 2nds do.  I admit I can't be right about Spidey anymore except when I said in Feb?  that it would be the biggest DOM OW this year and the only one with a shot at $100M OW...I think I got that right, so I'll stick to only those 2 Spidey thoughts...

Of all the 2 month out calls, why I'd change my Spidey one, I have no idea...well, I do, but my gut has been better than my brain this fall, and we'll see if I should have just stuck with it...

Edited by TwoMisfits

Did I add up the Top 10 DOM wrong, or we again looking at sub $50M Top 10 DOM?  Ugh...Well, at least box office will be good Dec 17-31...

Edit to add: Deadline does say all movies are about $51 DOM, so I guess my Math skills don't suck..."Even though all films are totaling an estimated $51M this weekend"...

Edited by TwoMisfits

1 hour ago, TwoMisfits said:

Did I add up the Top 10 DOM wrong, or we again looking at sub $50M Top 10 DOM?  Ugh...Well, at least box office will be good Dec 17-31...

Edit to add: Deadline does say all movies are about $51 DOM, so I guess my Math skills don't suck..."Even though all films are totaling an estimated $51M this weekend"...

See my username ;)     

Post TG usually sucks, and having a weak pre-TG release (compared to average)+weak TG releases is definitely going to exacerbate that. 

7 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Huh. I was meaning to ask what's with name. Guess make sense.

This is my NWH username. Now I can skip 100s of comments this month about being a product driven marketplace ;) 

16 hours ago, John Marston said:

No surprise Ghostbusters is fading fast. Once you get past the nostalgia it’s a mediocre film that relies way too much on fan  service 

Exactly what kind of B.O take should GBA have during a pandemic ? It will beat the atrocious 2016 film on half the budget and in a year where the biggest film in the U.S has done a little over 220 million.

25 minutes ago, Thrylos 7 said:

Exactly what kind of B.O take should GBA have during a pandemic ? It will beat the atrocious 2016 film on half the budget and in a year where the biggest film in the U.S has done a little over 220 million.

918-C29-A7-F2-A9-4-A22-A224-5-B1-CE0-CBF

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

30 minutes ago, Thrylos 7 said:

To respond to the content of the post, it could well fall short of the 2016 one and the biggest 2021 us film will be 600M+

3 hours ago, Product Driven Legion said:

To respond to the content of the post, it could well fall short of the 2016 one and the biggest 2021 us film will be 600M+

The 2016 film did 128 million in the U.S and GBA will be at over 100 million after this weekend during a pandemic. I don’t know if SM:NWH will perform a miracle but up until now the biggest film in the U.S has done 226 million, because the B.O hasn’t recovered . Nevermind that, at half the budget and during the pandemic, GBA will do better worldwide than the 2016 atrocity.

One look at the numbers the biggest B.O hits have done in the U.S this year versus 2016 is enough.

Edited by Thrylos 7

19 minutes ago, Thrylos 7 said:

The 2016 film did 128 million in the U.S and GBA will be at over 100 million after this weekend during a pandemic. I don’t know if SM:NWH will perform a miracle but up until now the biggest film in the U.S has done 226 million, because the B.O hasn’t recovered . Nevermind that, at half the budget and during the pandemic, GBA will do better worldwide than the 2016 hit.

One look at the numbers the biggest B.O hits have done in the U.S this year versus 2016 is enough.

I don’t think Afterlife will manage to beat the 2016 film worldwide, because its made just $28m internationally so far. I’d say it’s unlikely to get to $100m. 

21 hours ago, Product Driven Legion said:

The Encanto est from variety looks like a joke, should be 13s easily and probably on the higher end of them.

Yeah those est's are always on the lower side. They are bad at multi. Lets wait for official estmates.