BadOlCatSylvester

Spider-Man: Beyond the Spider-Verse | Currently undated

I see no one has made a thread for this, so I thought I'd do the honors. Mods can feel free to move this to the main section closer to release. For now, since there isn't a concrete release date, I'm placing this here.

https://ew.com/movies/spider-man-across-the-spider-verse-first-look/

Part One! Yep, that means Miles (voiced by Shameik Moore) is getting two sequel movies. During an EW Twitter Q&A on Saturday, returning writer-producers Phil Lord and Chris Miller explained that when they sat down to continue Miles' story, they realized they had way more ideas than they could fit into a single film.

"Miles' story is an epic," the pair said. "We wrote what we thought the story needed to be, and to our surprise we realized it was two movies instead of one. We're working on them both as we speak. Part Two will be out sometime in 2023. We will sleep again in 2024."

Miles Morales Sunflower GIF by Post Malone

3 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

Don't you think Sony should move this to summer 2024 and be their tentpole?

No, Mario showed that releasing in empty space is very helpful, and if it released in the summer it would have to deal with Despicable me and Mufasa, whereas in its current release date it only has to deal with Snow White the week before it (basically the same as TLM a week before Across the Spiderverse), the Lord of the Rings animated movie which shouldn’t do too well, and then Captain America which is over a month after it releases

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Flip said:

No, Mario showed that releasing in empty space is very helpful, and if it released in the summer it would have to deal with Despicable me and Mufasa, whereas in its current release date it only has to deal with Snow White the week before it (basically the same as TLM a week before Across the Spiderverse), the Lord of the Rings animated movie which shouldn’t do too well, and then Captain America which is over a month after it releases

I just thought Sony's 2024 summer slate looks terrible. 😂

1 hour ago, kayumanggi said:

Don't you think Sony should move this to summer 2024 and be their tentpole?

The dominoes potentially being kicked off by the current writers' strike might cause them to do so anyway. It might not be a half-bad idea considering how the current movie is performing in the summer.

• Like 1

Tbh I think March 29th is great and could pull a Mario. I think if Cap can't make it in time, Disney wouldn't mind giving Sony the May kickoff and it opens late July. Or tbh they can probably getting away with bullying IO2 out of a spot on June 14th.

Edited by YM!

6 minutes ago, AniNate said:

If it were delayed, would help ease up the March animation schedule, Panda 4 could take its date. 

Either Panda 4 or Snow White moving to the slot would be better for everyone.

1 hour ago, Grebacio said:

Thunderbolts might not be ready for its current release date (July 26). If it moves, Spidey should take that date.

If Thunderbolts moves, I think Disney will give the Mufasa movie that date. It can’t stay in it’s current spot next to Despicable Me 4. 

Beyond could possibly move to May 31, which would be a full year after ATSV

Edited by deniima

3 minutes ago, deniima said:

If Thunderbolts moves, I think Disney will give the Mufasa movie that date. It can’t stay in it’s current spot next to Despicable Me 4. 

Beyond could possibly move to May 31, which would be a full year after ATSV

DP3 and Thunderbolts will switch dates

• ...wtf 1

If it moves, it's the heavyweight, so I'd say it should take the same date next year, and make the other 1st weekend of June entries (and possible Mem Day entries) move...2 months of full summer would be another good date for it...

Everyone else will have to respond to where this movie places itself...

3 hours ago, Willowra said:

DP3 and Thunderbolts will switch dates

Highly doubt they're going to want to rush DP3 to an even earlier date than the one it was already delayed from. It's more likely Cap 4 gets pushed to Thunderbolts date.

Edited by cookie
  • Thanks 1

Yeah this one is moving to summer either July or August and that's a generous estimate, if they are still working in the second act and they still need to record lines and with the current strike then there's no way they're ready to release this in 9 months. 

It's better if they take their time for this one.