Eric the Minion

No Way Home Weekend Thread | #RIP AIW Record | 260M OW DOM | 340M OS | 600M OW WW W/O CHINA

10 minutes ago, eddyxx said:

Zendaya has 114 million followers and a Emmy win. She’s definitely a star. Lol

IG followers are bought. It's all absolutely meaningless. Her team works very hard at creating the illusion of stardom for her. She couldn't even get a hit song as a recording artist. When her name draws people to buy tickets or at least stream a movie (she couldn't do it with Malcom & Marie), then she can be called a star. 

• Haha 1
  • Knock It Off 5

10 minutes ago, Flopped said:

It doesn't help that I still don't quite know what the movie is about, though. 

One, stop with the Zendaya stuff.

Two, Maybe this right here answers your question about “it being over”. You still need to market a movie. It doesn’t matter who made it or where it’s from.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, AndyLL said:

So... while we're waiting for numbers...

Am I the only one that hates Toby Maguire and thinks Raimi botched the relationship between Spidey and MJ?

I think Kirsten Dunst is miscast and Tobey's Peter Parker acts like he had a lobotomy.

But that's not the popular opinion. 🙊

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, Flopped said:

IG followers are bought. It's all absolutely meaningless. Her team works very hard at creating the illusion of stardom for her. She couldn't even get a hit song as a recording artist. When her name draws people to buy tickets or at least stream a movie (she couldn't do it with Malcom & Marie), then she can be called a star. 

Can you just stop hating on everything and every actress in any movie? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Flopped said:

Dude, your obsession with this is bordering on creepy. If you don't care about her just don't talk about it then lol. 

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, Cap said:

One, stop with the Zendaya stuff.

Two, Maybe this right here answers your question about “it being over”. You still need to market a movie. It doesn’t matter who made it or where it’s from.

What you need to do is stop making movies that people don’t know what they’re about even after you market them. Marketing Nightmare Alley 2x as much or 3x as much or 5x as much or 1.5x as much would be a sure fire recipe to lose even more money. It all comes back to my (previous, though some would also argue current) username.

2 minutes ago, BoxOfficeZ said:

Dude, your obsession with this is bordering on creepy. If you don't care about her just don't talk about it then lol. 

Its what this person seems to do. Its been KStew, JLaw, Jessica Chastain and now its Zendaya. Maybe they can switch it up and start targeting male actors for how they manage there social media accounts or how they sing in the shower.

2 minutes ago, GoblinXXR said:

A $76-77M Saturday = weak sauce. Legs under TLJ! Might not even clear $260M OW! #FLOPWAYHOME

:gold:

I know we’re meming to begin with but I can’t really see missing 260 off of 50-70-76 😛 

Edited by Menace Legion

1 minute ago, GoblinXXR said:

A $76-77M Saturday = weak sauce. Legs under TLJ! Might not even clear $260M OW! #FLOPWAYHOME

:gold:

Well I predicted around 160M OW about 1 month ago. Which would be fine if cut off was around 4pm Saturday for the weekend.     

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, AndyLL said:

So... while we're waiting for numbers...

Am I the only one that hates Toby Maguire and thinks Raimi botched the relationship between Spidey and MJ?

Nope, not the only one. Him and MJ gave me 90210 vibes every time they were in a scene together. Unbearable.  

• Like 3

Just now, Menace Legion said:

I know we’re meming but I can’t really see missing 260 off of 50-70-76 😛 

No? A 16% Sunday drop would put it below. If we did get those numbers though, I think Sunday would drop similar to TFA at about 12% and bring us in at $262-263M. 

I'm willing it accept that, if I must....

12 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

I think Kirsten Dunst is miscast and Tobey's Peter Parker acts like he had a lobotomy.

But that's not the popular opinion. 🙊

3 minutes ago, Lion Roar said:

Nope, not the only one. Him and MJ gave me 90210 vibes every time they were in a scene together. Unbearable.  

Spider-man relies on the relationship between Spider-man, Peter Parker, and his 'companions'.  I've always felt that fans gave Rami a pass because of the good stories and great villains even with weak relationships between the characters.  AM had great characters and relationships but weak stories and poor story telling.

MCU Spidey has great relationships between Spider-man/Peter Parker/MJ/Ned and other than a weak story in FFH has been the most solid trilogy of all the modern versions of the franchise.  

• Like 7