Eric the Minion

No Way Home Weekend Thread | #RIP AIW Record | 260M OW DOM | 340M OS | 600M OW WW W/O CHINA

3 minutes ago, Weird Alegion said:

Of course the larger issue is just that your theater could be +- a fair bit from the national daily PS drop

Certainly possible, but if it nails the Sunday drop almost perfectly them I'm going to assume it's fairly close to the national pulse. The area of the theater I record in is fairly "middle America" as things go. Diverse, mid-tier income, closer-to-young-than-old crowd. 

• Like 2

On 12/15/2021 at 2:25 PM, grey ghost said:

I sided with the naysayers who thought Jon Watts would fumble this but he did it. The beautiful bastard did it.

This is getting the crowd reactions of Endgame and with winter legs. Things are about to get real.

Hey grey ghost longtime no see

😎. James Cameron Juggernaut 2 is coming so nwh wont be the only mega bo we will be talking about.

I cant wait to see from the makers of Titan, avatar1 etc.

We will send them the message.

Wow spidey looks to shatter Aiw. I'm actually quite confident it would have killed endgames ow record if no pandemic. Wow on the power of you know who.

All money paid well deserving.

Kal of Bom is very very happy. 😎

Edited by Sheldon Cr
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Menor said:

If NWH gets the Monday record then Spider-Man owns both Mon and Tues.

Wonder if ROTS Thu will ever be topped. Maybe if we get to noon "previews" someone will eventually abandon the fiction that Thursday is still like "previews," and it will fall.

If someone would just randomly open a long awaited movie on a Thursday (properly, not previews) then yeah I don't see why it won't. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Eric Osborn said:

Sequel Trilogy is still honestly my personal fave of the bunch (yes even after TROS, please don't yell at me)

I second that. TFA and TLJ are among Top 4 SW for me, along with Rogue One. 

At end of TRoS, I just wanted more of Rey. Hopefully we get back to her.

That said, nice progress y'all.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

I'm going balls out, but looking more like $65m Sunday.  Might be a bit too aggressive, but it should get $64m+.  

Fantastic! Sunday hold(11.9%) is approaching TFA's godly hold of 11.3. If 65M happens, Monday record is in play (40.151M+ by BP).

• Like 1

Man the excitement of waiting for actuals is vibrating the forum.

..."the story of my life is not your happy tale.." Who am I do you really want to know?! I'm freaking Spider-Man!! 😉

Edited by Sheldon Cr
Just updating

3 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

I second that. TFA and TLJ are among Top 4 SW for me, along with Rogue One. 

At end of TRoS, I just wanted more of Rey. Hopefully we get back to her.

That said, nice progress y'all.

I'm still bitter that out of all the Disney+ shows announced, we're still not getting anything in the Sequel Trilogy era. Mandalorian is fun, but it's just not enough. I just want to see Rey or Finn or Poe or Ben or whoever one more time.

Okay, now I'm done with the off-topic stuff. Continue talking about EC's Sunday speculation.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Weird Alegion said:

The domestic contest is closing in about 5 hours if people wanna get some submissions in now that the weekend is pretty much known (or update some older submissions).

For instance, any submission below 700 could probably use some updating 😛 

4 minutes ago, Weird Alegion said:

The domestic contest is closing in about 5 hours if people wanna get some submissions in now that the weekend is pretty much known (or update some older submissions).

I am waiting for confirmation that my predicted 161 OW is to low before I could guess at the domestic total. I admittedly did make the prediction 1 month ago before any ticket sales but still could anybody say if I have a chance?

If I had to guess I think it should beat Shang Chi.   

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Ronin46 said:

I am waiting for confirmation that my predicted 161 OW is to low before I could guess at the domestic total.

We’re already at 250+, so consider that confirmed!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Weird Alegion said:

What are we allowed to edit? Everything except OW rank I'm assuming? 

1 minute ago, Knights of Ren said:

Rey and Kylo were the best part of the ST, all the other characters were background noise.  JJ ruined Rey though making her a Palpatine for shock value :sadno:

Only new sws that was great was force awakens. Though that killing of Han really turned me and I look on these movies as non cannon. Ill stick with the original triology and the second Anakin triology and Mandolorian.