Eric the Minion

No Way Home Weekend Thread | #RIP AIW Record | 260M OW DOM | 340M OS | 600M OW WW W/O CHINA

6 hours ago, grey ghost said:

2.4 isn't that bad for summer legs of a film that made 357m OW.

And TFA didn't have half the audience screaming and crying like a Beatles concert.

Infact Han Solo's fate and the retread of ANH's ending left some people with mixed feelings.

I guess the SW nerds went to see it multiple times but I don't recall universal praise back then.

Yeah SW fans ate it up and everyone and their mother went to see it but I do remember hearing criticism even at my job that the movie was a remake of Star Wars lol 

Edited by eddyxx
  • Like 1

Final entry, shaved a little for omicron

Username  Legion    
DOM rank 3rd    
DOM gross $827,193,097    

Username       
Weekend Predicted Rank Gross Drop
1 2nd 260,000,000  
2 5th 107,500,000 58.65%
3 2nd 69,875,000 35.00%
4 7th 31,155,198 55.41%
5 12th 19,377,108 37.80%
6 47th 10,356,172 46.55%
7 45th 8,177,368 21.04%
8 58th 6,012,244 26.48%
9 135th 3,143,796 47.71%
10 67th 3,534,022 -12.41%
11 111th 2,196,807 37.84%
12 188th 1,371,665 37.56%
Edited by Weird Alegion
  • Like 1

Quest for 100 pages continues!

2021 MCU rankings*

NWH > Loki > SC > WV > HE > TFAWS > BW > WI > E

*=Hopefully Hawkeye’s finale doesn’t screw the pooch and make me shuffle my list.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Knights of Ren said:

TASM3 is about to turn into the new Snyder Cut 

Boy a week makes a big difference don’t it? The powerful of King Kevin to make people demand a sequel to a franchise that previously many of them would rather eat puke than watch. 

13 minutes ago, RRA said:

Boy a week makes a big difference don’t it? The powerful of King Kevin to make people demand a sequel to a franchise that previously many of them would rather eat puke than watch. 

Watched the 1st one earlier.  Pretty good

Watching the 2nd one now.  I want to claw my eyes out

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Eric Osborn said:

I'm still bitter that out of all the Disney+ shows announced, we're still not getting anything in the Sequel Trilogy era. Mandalorian is fun, but it's just not enough. I just want to see Rey or Finn or Poe or Ben or whoever one more time.

Okay, now I'm done with the off-topic stuff. Continue talking about EC's Sunday speculation.

Pretty sure Boyega would feel too big(lol) for a Disney plus series. Maybe you can get a Poe series.

4 hours ago, Weird Alegion said:

We’ll have DS2 trailer stats soon. I say 24hrs over IW. If it misses I’ll revise my expectations down.

If the trailer that they release is the same as the one from the end credits then won’t it do shitty views since most people already saw it? Is it a spoiler for me to say this? I will edit if so.

33 minutes ago, RRA said:

The first one is a fine enough movie. It kind of falls a bit flat since it doesn’t really do enough to differentiate itself from the 2002 movie which was a great origin story. 

The second one is a real mess though. Weird choices abound though the suit is good and Garfield/Stone do the best with what they have to work with.

The only thing that I remember about TASM2 Was how violent Gwen’s death was. I This really remember being in that movie theater when her neck snapped and just like… I think I recoiled in my seat. I was shocked. Shudder. 

Okay! I am off to bed. 

Good job, team!  We got this 92 page! Should breeze to one hundred once the Asgardians give a Sunday update!  

So back to Serious Discussion TM

Captain America Reaction GIF

3 hours ago, Ithil said:

Well what is very basically clear is a lot has changed for the Dr. Strange character since his first film. He's had an unusually long wait time for a sequel but he was far from invisible in the meantime. He was a very popular part of IW and a major role here in NWH (and a good cameo in Ragnarok). Even putting aside the interest of more multiverse shenanigans I think he's viewed as a more central name in the MCU by virtue of those crossovers.

Yeah he’s been in a MCU movie every year since 2016 except 2020. 

Superhero content of the year. Probably missing one

Great 

Invincible 

The Suicide Squad 

Good

Spider-Man: No Way Home

Loki

Wandavision

Shang-Chi

Hawkeye

Zack Snyder's Justice League

Decent 

Black Widow

What If

Eh 

Eternals

FATWS

Venom: Let There Be Carnage

4 minutes ago, FilmFincher said:

Superhero content of the year. Probably missing one

Great 

Invincible 

The Suicide Squad 

Good

Spider-Man: No Way Home

Loki

Wandavision

Shang-Chi

Hawkeye

Zack Snyder's Justice League

Decent 

Black Widow

What If

Eh 

Eternals

FATWS

Venom: Let There Be Carnage

You forgot about The Boys. Never mind. I didn’t realize season 2 was a whole year ago lol.

Edited by eddyxx

The best SW movie by a mile is The Last Jedi.

ANH is fine, ESB is fine, RoTJ has the hideous Ewoks so it's an annoying film. 

TPM is the most soulless and bland blockbuster with ALMOST one of the worst dialogues in blockbuster history...AoTC is a bit better but still utterly mediocre with the worst dialogue in recent memory. I have never seen such a blatant affront to one of the world's resources. RoTS is actually good where you could finally feel the stakes and the emotion. 

TFA is fine. TLJ is really good and the only genuinely beautiful SW film (visually). Rise of Skywalker wasn't good. 

Rey should have been a "nobody" that was sold from drunk parents...why does everyone need to be descended from a dynasty? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • ...wtf 1