Eric is Anxious

No Way Home Weekend Thread | #RIP AIW Record | 260M OW DOM | 340M OS | 600M OW WW W/O CHINA

47 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

I have to watch Spidey Tuesday to have a real feel for how Strange's movie will do, but I will say...

He's a character GREAT in small doses, but hard to get audiences to love in large ones...maybe he's got that "large dose" in this movie and he'll have even more love coming out, but RDJ/Tony always had that charismatic lighter sarcastic touch with a heart of gold and Strange has a more cutting edge that's harder to always root for...

Amen.

Absolutely no character and actor/actress that either remained with MCU or joined this year has what Tony/RDJ had. That was lightning in the bottle. There are many great actors and characters but Tony/RDJ's X Factor simply isn't there. No one is the new Tony. Sorry Holland, NWH is your best performance yet but Andrew owned you and the movie. I know that Ironshit suit was setting you up as MCU's new Tony but not even close. Sorry. 

Therefore, it's better for MCU to accept the fact and keep it fresh with interesting storylines and surprise crossovers (such as NWH) than try to turn characters/actors who just ain't it into new Stark/RDJ. It's never gonna work.

Edited by Valonqar
  • ...wtf 1

7 hours ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

You're missing some of the Mandolorain episodes in S3 when they talk about Tea

Yeah but I actually don't like that episode. "Corruption" is probably my least favorite TCW episode, was pretty boring. Episodes I listed are underrated and funny.

Edited by Menor

1 hour ago, Deep Wang said:

How do you know it's not you that's overestimating it?  :thinking:

We don’t, that’s why it’s an “I think” 😛    

It’s pretty crazy that we have zero trailers currently available for upcoming mcu movies. The last time that happened was… well, I guess just July 19. But before that I think it might be aug 14.

39 minutes ago, Deep Wang said:

I agree that he's been far better in the supporting role.  It's been so long I think people forget that his solo movie didn't exactly set the world on fire.  It was just a basic origin story with cool effects and while I like it more than most, it's still closer to the bottom of the MCU than the top.  

I think the contention is less that DS1 did well and more that DS1 has minimal bearing on the present situation.   

Besides Strange will play a supporting role to our queen Lizzie so it’s perfect ;););) 

8 minutes ago, Weird Alegion said:

Why so low tho

That "+" could mean $700M, you don't know!

5 minutes ago, Deep Wang said:

Okay, talking about $400m+ domestic is A LOT different than $200m opening weekend, lol.

Yea I'm not currently on the $200M OW train, merely the DS1 OW + $100M train ;) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, GoblinXXR said:

Yea I'm not currently on the $200M OW train, merely the DS1 OW + $100M train ;) 

2 minutes ago, Weird Alegion said:

For 200 OW you’d want what, like 170 true FSS? DS1 true FSS will be like 91M in 2022 atp. It’s not such a huge ask for an mcu sequel with big added value elements.

Cap was hot off Winter Soldier and still needed almost all the Avengers + introducing new SM and BP to get to $179m.  

Officially so far, this just has Wanda.  Unless I missed some casting?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Deep Wang said:

Cap was hot off Winter Soldier and still needed almost all the Avengers + introducing new SM and BP to get to $179m.  

That was also 6 years ago, and DS/Wanda have had major moments in much bigger films since then (IW, EG, NWH, + WV for Wanda) that have expanded their profile substantially.

Also, suffice it to say, this won't "just" be Wanda. 

8 hours ago, Macleod said:

Sure. But he's still not a SPIDER-MAN, IRON MAN, HULK, THOR, or even CAPTAIN AMERICA, the OGs.  My bet is that by the time promo rolls around, MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS will be the prominently-emphasized part of the title/marketing...possibly even narrated this way by TV-ad voiceovers.  After all, Cumby knows he's already lost that singular battle in the production process...  😉 

The only one that was a huge name to the public when the MCU started was Spider-Man. Hulk to an extent was known but had been marred by weak film adaptations. The others built their current popularity over time (Iron Man over a very short time admittedly). Doctor Strange is in fact doing exactly what Thor and Cap did. Their first films were not giant record setters. But they all got bigger with each sequel, especially Cap.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Deep Wang said:

No casting missed. The leaks tho...

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, GoblinXXR said:

We don't have actuals yet but yes it will be over Infinity War OW. 

Cool. 👍🏻

It’s really mindblowing that when a certain blockbuster hits monumental OW numbers, it makes it such a legendary sight to behold. Do you know what this type of such large opening weekend reminded me of?

Edited by MrFanaticGuy34

6 hours ago, RRA said:

Boy a week makes a big difference don’t it? The powerful of King Kevin to make people demand a sequel to a franchise that previously many of them would rather eat puke than watch. 

Thing is I don't really want ASM3, because Sony's entire thrust with that trilogy sucked. But I'd like to see Garfield as Spider-Man again.

• Like 2