Eric is Quiet

No Way Home Weekend Thread | #RIP AIW Record | 260M OW DOM | 340M OS | 600M OW WW W/O CHINA

4 minutes ago, john2000 said:

The sequel trilogy is a garbage as a whole.

I mean if you like them thats great but personally nah.......out of all the star wars content that i have seen only the clone wars felt to me that it was actually trying to do something different and new and with a very good plot.The sequel trilogy on the other hand , nothing not a good plot or well written characters etc.

• Like 1
  • Knock It Off 2

1 minute ago, john2000 said:

I wonder how the matrix will do , any guesses ?

Honestly, not really feeling it beyond a decent-ish opening day (not only because of the HBO Max thing but also because it's being completely overshadowed and I'm getting a sense the reviews aren't gonna be all that great either).

59 minutes ago, filmlover said:

FWIW a lot of theaters that are already setting their schedules for Christmas Day are keeping West Side Story and Nightmare Alley as all-day movies and not reducing their showtimes despite the dismal numbers they posted this weekend (the former is actually getting upgraded to bigger auditoriums at some places, at least during the day). Don't think it's much of a surprise they're getting chances to redeem themselves over the holidays when everyone knows that 1) the astoundingly low numbers they posted this weekend were because they had so little auditorium space to work with due to The Force Awakens of comic book movies gobbling up so many screens and 2) the audience for 2.5 hour dramas were more likely to show up during the Christmas Day through New Year's corridor than before it with all the holiday distractions.

Funny enough, my 2 Cinemarks won't even fully set Wednesday...forget about Saturday,  Right now, they are still at presale sets of 5 screens reserved at each (for the new movies and Spidey) with 7 more open...

I have a feeling Cinemark is negotiating or deciding whether they want to pay fines or not...

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

Honestly, not really feeling it beyond a decent-ish opening day (not only because of the HBO Max thing but also because it's being completely overshadowed and I'm getting a sense the reviews aren't gonna be all that great either).

I think reviews could be ok, but reading the reactions I don't get the sense audiences will like much. A lot of the praise is for elements that appeal to critics more.

Just now, TwoMisfits said:

Funny enough, my 2 Cinemarks won't even fully set Wednesday...forget about Saturday,  Right now, they are still at presale sets of 5 screens reserved at each (for the new movies and Spidey) with 7 more open...

I have a feeling Cinemark is negotiating or deciding whether they want to pay fines or not...

tbh a lot of theaters are probably just focusing on setting their Christmas Day schedules at the moment because it falls on a Saturday this year and is traditionally one of the biggest moviegoing days of any year overall. Gotta figure out which movie is going into which theater and prepare for the traffic. A 2:30 show of WSS that day is already half full in one of the biggest auditoriums while a 2:00 show for Sing 2 is 2/3 in another big-sized auditorium at a really popular theater nearby.

5 minutes ago, filmlover said:

tbh a lot of theaters are probably just focusing on setting their Christmas Day schedules at the moment because it falls on a Saturday this year and is traditionally one of the biggest moviegoing days of any year overall. Gotta figure out which movie is going into which theater and prepare for the traffic. A 2:30 show of WSS that day is already half full in one of the biggest auditoriums while a 2:00 show for Sing 2 is 2/3 in another big-sized auditorium at a really popular theater nearby.

They still have left 4-5 open there, adding in a few extra openers...if you want a holdover not named Spidey, you can't buy one at any of my Cinemarks yet - it's Spidey or the new movies, and it's getting late in the game for decisions, b/c of gift giving and family plans...

Edited by TwoMisfits

1 hour ago, filmlover said:

FWIW a lot of theaters that are already setting their schedules for Christmas Day are keeping West Side Story and Nightmare Alley as all-day movies and not reducing their showtimes despite the dismal numbers they posted this weekend (the former is actually getting upgraded to bigger auditoriums at some places, at least during the day). Don't think it's much of a surprise they're getting chances to redeem themselves over the holidays when everyone knows that 1) the astoundingly low numbers they posted this weekend were because they had so little auditorium space to work with due to The Force Awakens of comic book movies gobbling up so many screens and 2) the audience for 2.5 hour dramas were more likely to show up during the Christmas Day through New Year's corridor than before it with all the holiday distractions.

Because Disney contractually made them - obviously just dragging out their attempt to make them fail...  :bop:

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, cannastop said:

what in the world. no

Just now, john2000 said:

never say no, i dont expect it to hit 1 bill dom though.

Yea, no one expects that it will. These are just the numbers it would need to stay above today if it would. I think it's going to be in the $35-38M range. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Knights of Ren said:

LA/NY will probably be shutting down theaters next.  The rest of the US will not being doing that nonsense.  

And if that happens, delays of 1-2 months is coming.

People like to keep in denial here but there's no way studios will release big movies without these two. Warner did it with Tenet and we all know what happened.

Let's hope not, but these "this is not happening, 100% sure" arguments is laughable after 2 years of unpredictable times.