Eric the Minion

No Way Home Weekdays/Matrix & Sing Thread (12/20-23) | 37.1M Monday/32M Tues | King's Man 800K Previews

My female mid 20s room mate on Spider-Man:no way home, “I may or may not have cried once or 4 times ”.

Same room mate on Matrix Ressurections, “I felt like the matrix could’ve been better ”, “I think Spider-Man had my expectations high”, “We wasn’t in there 20 minutes and it was somebody snoring”.

:Venom:

25 minutes ago, infamous5445 said:

Damn Sing 2 got an A+ Cinemascore

The first Sing received an “A,” so this isn’t too surprising, but I’m guessing that it was also helped by a lot of families who were simply happy to be back in a theater after two years and grateful that their experience was a positive one. The same effect might’ve been at play with No Way Home, although that film’s such a crowd-pleaser that I think there’s a good chance it would’ve received an “A+” even without the “It’s good to be back” halo.

Edited by Chrysaor
  • Like 2

Also while the Spidy number is still very good, it also further shows that TFA legs weren't just a result of its December opening, they were really anomalous for such a huge opening. I'm now certain that Endgame wouldn't have topped it (domestically) even if it was released in December.

16 minutes ago, Agafin said:

Also while the Spidy number is still very good, it also further shows that TFA legs weren't just a result of its December opening, they were really anomalous for such a huge opening. I'm now certain that Endgame wouldn't have topped it (domestically) even if it was released in December.

It opened $109m higher - it didn't need TFA legs.  AEG's 3 hour run time should have benefited from a Holiday corridor by at least 10% which would have bested TFA.  

• Like 9

2 hours ago, Weird Alegion said:

Are these the 2 closest together A+s ever? Just 5 day gap so it would pretty much need 2 on the same date to be beat and I feel like I would know about that.

I Can Only Imagine and Love, Simon both opened on the same day and both got A+ scores, from what I recall.

• Like 4