Eric the Minion

No Way Home Weekdays/Matrix & Sing Thread (12/20-23) | 37.1M Monday/32M Tues | King's Man 800K Previews

52 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Before we freak out about the drop, let’s remember that today is Tuesday, most chains have discounts up to 40-50% off regular price. We’ve been seeing SO MANY sellouts the last few days, and most theaters don’t have the capacity/screens to add even more NWH showtimes for Tuesday alone to make up for the $ lost on discounted tickets. So a small drop today doesn’t concern me.

Our ticket sales at my local were up 30%, but actual $ drop is going to be 5-10%.

I was under impression that discounts aren't happening as widespread. I think TROS didn't had them at all.

If the discount are widespread, my projection will improve a bit.

10 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

I was under impression that discounts aren't happening as widespread. I think TROS didn't had them at all.

If the discount are widespread, my projection will improve a bit.

I think they were cancelled for TROS because it was 24th. I think they may be cancelled for NWH 28th, but active for 21st? 

Edited by Weird Alegion

20 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Hmm. I should get paid. 😌

I’d tell you to make more bets with people on Reddit, but they seem to have welshed on my $40 so that’s a dead end 😔

Edited by Weird Alegion
  • Haha 1

I don’t think that general audiences will show up during the holidays anywhere near pre-Covid levels. Especially with Omicron deterring the older audiences that usually boost late legs. Even if nwh has an $85m second weekend and a 2.5x multiplier that’s a decent result considering the circumstances.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Yikes. Just 2 responses in 15 mins. The forum is truly dead.

Am seeing 20% drop for 30 as of now.

Meh. I guess this burns through the pool of willing moviegoers quicker than we might have thought.  

Covid sucks, man. 

Not as many meltdowns as i was fearing, with that said this drop is dissapointing and hopefully we get a higer result in the end.At this point is just one day  so we shouldnt worry all that much imo and at the same time we have to remember that a) tuesdays this year are in general lucklasters,b) many provinces of canada have cap limits plus the fact that qebec is closed and c) there is a very decent chance that its mon was better than normal and so now it basically evens it with a worse tuesday. 600 is locked and again thats way bigger than what i was thinking some months ago, i am still hoping for 800 dom but for that to happen we have to see how it continues to say for sure.

You might see a bit of potential footfall being saved for after Xmas day, as people will maybe worry about testing positive and having to self isolate away from their family. I get that 100%

I think once the family stuff is done, business should be pretty brisk. 

$30 million on a Tuesday is hardly worth crying about. 

face crying GIF

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, charlie Jatinder said:

NGL I was not feeling how this film can do $800M+ but Tuesday does make things clear and believable. Probably looking at $80-90M 2nd weekend to $650-700M final.

How did you go from over $794M within a few weeks to $650M-$700M in just 4 hours ? This is weird. Holidays are canceled ? Theaters are closing due to the virus soon ? Reviews have gotten bad and the WOM is not good ?