EmpireCity

New Year Weekend Thread (31 Dec - 2 Jan)

1 hour ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

I expected American Underdog to drop more but nice to see any drama holding well enough alongside West Side Story which stabilized decently after the horrible opening. Movie looks awful, though.

I think most films will have a strong Sat/Sun bump. Licorice Pizza was at 400k every day during the week and hit 300k Friday probably because the holiday being Friday. Should hopefully get back to 400k today. Would love close to 500k. 

K curve recovery is here. Top class blockbuster is quickly regaining their  strength but small-mid film actually hasn't recover in a significant way.

Before mass vaccination/wide reopening, we have Unhinged (20.8m), Honest thief (14.6m), war with Grandpa(21.3m), Monster hunt (15.2m), Marksman (15.6m), Nobody (27.3m) , Little Things (15.3m)

It is "amazing" how things haven't really change since for the movie with comparable scale. King Richard, Green knight, Dear Evan, Malignant, The last duel, Last night in soho, respect, ITH, they all fall in 10-20m range. Even for WSS and KM, which both likely come in the range of 35m, aren't actually far higher than Nobody or Wraths of Man or ITH.   

• Sad 1

So, is Licorice Pizza going full wide next weekend with RRR moving?  If not, they should at least get into all AMCs and Regals to take advantage of those subscribers wanting to see some new stuff and having The 355 as their only competition and not Scream or Morbius...

I mean, RRR had 2 screens at my locals, so there's gonna be availability in spades...

12 minutes ago, Tokugennumataka said:

Those were their first wide opening weekends right? Pretty weird that Numbers included them in this list. 

The weekend record lists go from limited release instead of wide, it's annoying.

On 1/1/2022 at 6:33 AM, charlie Jatinder said:

Problem is there won't be any new subs.

Disney is going to hit 200 million subscribers by 2025 at the latest. Netflix has been streaming since before the iPhone even existed and just hit 200 million. 

Disney will likely be $10 a year/ $9.99 a month at that point too if not slightly higher.

Edited by cdsacken