Taylor

Final Destination: Bloodlines | 2025

Surprised this is going straight to streaming when horror has thrived during the pandemic and these movies are dirt cheap to make, but I suppose Matrix 4 completely fizzling has given everyone cold feet about reviving any long-defunct IPs for the big screen at the moment. Imagine this will be dropping around Halloween to generate the most interest and viewership.

On 1/11/2022 at 11:36 PM, Napoleon said:

This franchise was never that big at the box office, and likely wouldn't do much in theaters in the current environment. I think it's a perfect fit for HBO Max.

They were big horror hits. All of them made $90-190m. On budgets never exceeding $40m. 

They’re leaving a lot of money on the table. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, AJG said:

No mention of HBO in that article. I think it’s safe to say this is going theatrical.

14 hours ago, CJohn said:

WB would be dumb to release this on HBO. This is guaranteed profit in theaters.

Here’s hoping! There’s definitely an audience for Final Destination and a whole new generation too. 

The films were consistent hits. 5 rounded them up nicely, 4 is the only weak one IMO. 

But I’m more than ready for another. 

Started filming and apparently now going theatrical next year.

Producer Craig Perry writes on social media this week, “After a long, hard slog through the pandemic and the strikes, Day One is finally in the can. 2025 will mark the 25th anniversary of the release of the first installment in the franchise. To honor the occasion with another worldwide theatrical release (in IMAX, no less) is a rare and wonderful thing.”

Glad it has finally begun. Don’t like the subtitle but there’s plenty of time to ditch it.

Wonder if the rumours of it being about a bunch of first responders are true, that would be clever. 

7 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Glad it has finally begun. Don’t like the subtitle but there’s plenty of time to ditch it.

Wonder if the rumours of it being about a bunch of first responders are true, that would be clever. 

That plot seems to have been ditched according to new rumors.

• Sad 1

On 1/11/2022 at 2:12 PM, YM! said:

Nice to see Feige and Pascal team up on producing again. Especially a non MCU film nonetheless.

On 1/11/2022 at 2:13 PM, Krissykins said:

Wrong thread? 

2 years too late to say I got the joke.

• Thanks 1