Eric is Quiet

MLK 2021 Weekend Thread | Scream 3.5 Previews

A live-action Shrek remake would have more potential than another sequel in today's environment. One of the main reasons the Disney remakes are so huge is seeing big name stars bringing iconic animated characters to life.

I kinda want it to happen just to see the inevitable "Keep James Corden Away From Shrek" petition that would gain a lot more attention than the one currently going around to keep him out of Wicked.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

In terms of other live action remakes, I wouldn't object to WB doing The Iron Giant as a live action film and actually it would resonate now compared to 20 years ago.

No no no no no no no no. If that happens, I will personally get into a fistfight with every Warner executive.

1 hour ago, Jonwo said:

To go back to my point about Shrek, it does surprise me that Universal hasn't considered a live action Shrek considering the amount money that Disney has made from remaking their animated canon into live action films especially the big titles. 

Only Shrek fits that category. 

I don't think Croods, How to train your dragon, kung fu panda etc will work in live action, as these movies are still fresh in public memory. Maybe 10 years down the line.

9 minutes ago, Tokugennumataka said:

Is there something adversely affecting the moviegoers on this Sunday? Pretty much every film did worse than Studio estimates on Sunday. 

I believe there is a major snow storm right now affecting the east of the US. Many cinemas would shut down.

28 minutes ago, Tokugennumataka said:

Is there something adversely affecting the moviegoers on this Sunday? Pretty much every film did worse than Studio estimates on Sunday. 

Snowstorms on the east coast and the Cowboys being idiots for the central time zone.

The snowstorms this weekend shutting down theaters means that there's a good chance holds will be strong next weekend across the board, especially when theaters won't be losing a whole lot due to both openers being sub-2,000 theater complete nonevents.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, wildphantom said:

A live action Shrek sounds like a full-on Cats level nightmare to me. I’m firmly in the ‘no thanks’ camp. 

A new animated sequel though? Bring that right on. 

Eh. I think live action Shrek could be fine if done right, but I do think a sequel is the better road to take. With that said, I really don't think Shrek 5 could pull off more than $500M DOM and that's assuming BO ever goes back to pre-pandemic days. 

9 hours ago, filmlover said:

The snowstorms this weekend shutting down theaters means that there's a good chance holds will be strong next weekend across the board, especially when theaters won't be losing a whole lot due to both openers being sub-2,000 theater complete nonevents.

Puss in Boots flashbacks intensifying. 

13 hours ago, filmlover said:

A live-action Shrek remake would have more potential than another sequel in today's environment. One of the main reasons the Disney remakes are so huge is seeing big name stars bringing iconic animated characters to life.

Having seen the stage musical adaptation of Shrek, I think there's a lot of potential in doing a live action remake and oddly because it was already a CGI film, many of the characters would be able to retain most of their original look with a few tweaks. Shrek probably would be achieved best using prosthetics but I'd be fine with motion capture.