filmlover

94th Academy Awards Discussion Thread | WHAT JUST HAPPENED

1 minute ago, baumer said:

This guy should be in cuffs if he really assaulted Rock.  This speech is ridiculous.

If Rock decides not to press charges (and I highly doubt he will), no one's gonna care. There will be apologies from both of them and that'll be that. Besides, Rock earned if not that slap, then at least a public scolding for all the Jada jokes. Go back and watch the whole moment. She was clearly uncomfortable when he made fun of her.

• Like 6
  • Knock It Off 1

13 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I guess if this moment had to happen, it's good that it did now when voting is all locked up and the winners are literally being announced cause if Smith pulled this at the Golden Globes this likely would have hurt his chances even for a nomination. I'm curious how the audience is going to react when his name is called now.

And instead of his probable win,all the discussion about Will Smith will be over this fracas with CHris Rock.

Not the first time Smith has shot himself in the foot, bigtime. If :"His Own Worst Enemy" had a photo in the dictionary, it would be Smith.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, baumer said:

This guy should be in cuffs if he really assaulted Rock.  This speech is ridiculous.

For a slap?  No, not really.  I mean technically, whatever.  But this calls for a Serious Talking To at some point, not Being Hauled Off To Jail.  "Punishment fit the crime" and all that.

• Like 6
  • Knock It Off 1

4 minutes ago, infamous5445 said:

What happened last year?

seconded.

This is biggest awards moment since Kanye stole Taylors mic. 

"Ima let you finish" still living in infamy to this day. 

Will Smith's acceptance speech was incredibly messy and uncomfortable, but there was no other way it was going to go after the punch seen 'round the world. Too bad that this incident is probably going to overshadow his excellent performance in the film itself.

I'm rooting really hard for a K-Stew stunner, but this one is probably going to Jessica Chastain.

• Like 1