Eric the Marxist

Sonic the Hedgehog 3 | December 20, 2024

2 minutes ago, Eric Ripley said:

I’m more offended there’s no Rouge.

Dude, its already gonna smell like ass in the Thursday night screenings when they violently execute the child. Can you imagine what happens when you add in the scent of gooners too?

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, MysteryMovieMogul said:

There's no way they're killing the kid. Her adult self is going to come into the movie and the final act, or the end of Act 2. There has to be a reason for shadow to turn good in the final act, and for Robotnic to be the villain again.

Shadow turns good in the game due to a final message from Maria appealing to his humanity, in fact in the game though both him and Robotnik are evil they team up with the heroes to save the planet. Think older Robotnik is the villain tbh with Robotnik turning for evilulz.

Just now, YM! said:

Shadow turns good in the game due to a final message from Maria appealing to his humanity, in fact in the game though both him and Robotnik are evil they team up with the heroes to save the planet. Think older Robotnik is the villain tbh with Robotnik turning for evilulz.

Speaking of, was that just Jim Carrey doing double duty?

This looks genuinely spectacular. I'm honestly shocked. Between the gorgeous visuals and a much more serious tone compared to the previous movies, this creative team is definitely treating the arrival of the franchise's second biggest character with the gravitas needed. This was already my most anticipated movie of the year just on the premise alone, and this trailer somehow made me even more excited. Unfortunately due to regional scheduling I have to wait a month until I can go see it. The wait is going to be so painful, but hopefully worth it.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

This looks genuinely spectacular. I'm honestly shocked. Between the gorgeous visuals and a much more serious tone compared to the previous movies, this creative team is definitely treating the arrival of the franchise's second biggest character with the gravitas needed. This was already my most anticipated movie of the year just on the premise alone, and this trailer somehow made me even more excited. Unfortunately due to regional scheduling I have to wait a month until I can go see it. The wait is going to be so painful, but hopefully worth it.

Honey, in what world is this trailer “serious” lol

• Haha 2

I’ve actually been wondering the PLF distribution for that weekend. Two massive openers in the same weekend is tough. I think Mufasa gets IMAX and Real3D while Sonic gets the rest but I think ultimately I think they are going to evenly split the PLFs except IMAX. That’s probably locked for Mufasa. 

On the trailer itself, it looked pretty okay, but I don’t really have a lot of interest in Shadow as a character. And I’m wondering it general audiences will know or care about Shadow. 

Probably 550m WW

250m DOM, 300m OS. 

Fantasic trailer!

Can see this hitting $600M WW, jumping 50% WW from 2nd film with Chrismas holiday legs. The first 2 never really got good release dates, S1 was cut short by the pandemic, but I'm glad it was sucessful enough for 2 sequels. 

I really like how these films take a lot from the games but does original stuff too. Something Mario could have handled better.

11 hours ago, Eric Ripley said:

Honey, in what world is this trailer “serious” lol

I agree that visually this film looks much, much better then it;s predessecor, but I agree the comment it is more serious is pretty headshaking. How serious can a freaking Sonic movie be?

On 8/29/2024 at 11:44 AM, WittyUsername said:

Kinda weird to think that apart from Longclaw in the first movie, there haven’t been any female animal characters in any of these. Maybe Amy will be in the credits scene or something. 

Rouge might make the movie PG-13 so I doubt we have her. I fear what happens when these movies start introducing the young female animal characters. Furries are the worst