Cap

Attack of The Fangirls: The 69 Greatest Ship of All Time | 21 Greatest Fanon Ships of All Time | Complete

14 POINTS, 5 LISTS, Av PTS 2.8

Emily Gordon / Kumail Nanjiani

from

The Big Sick

c354aadb76b3bcd6a5a88f780495a73a158eab56

Screen Shot 2022-02-24 at 1.32.29 AM.png

Prompt: Emily gets the hiccups, causing Kumail to laugh every time they try to talk until Kumail gets the hiccups too.

A true life happy ending gets the Hollywood treatment in this adorkable dramedy that reminds us that Kumail needs to be cast in EVERYTHING.  Every.  Thing.

AO3: No Link cause technically this is RPF.

12158e7d089420dfb3f80013a891dd2695a946f5

And that's it for the evening!  My game plan is to get 10-15 up a day for the rest of the week, so hopefully we can get this wrapped by before the BOFFYS and 2021's Top 25!

• Like 6

38 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

@Cap the movies that missed positions on the top 69 due to tiebreaker, will you reveal their names?

they are # 71 and #70

I’m not on my desktop, but when I get back there I’ll re-added this post with the chart. And then obviously at the end of the countdown I will put the full charge together with every movie rightI’m not on my desktop, but when I get back there I’ll re-added this post with the chart. And then obviously at the end of the countdown I will put the full charge together with every movie ranked!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Cap said:

There is no A03 link for this cause the only fic is hella problematic, and hella explicit, and honestly that feels just so right for this movie.  LOLOL.

Wait, doesn't that describe all A03 smut fics? :hahaha:

P.S. Basic Instinct should have been 69 for obvious reason. :ph34r:

Edited by Valonqar
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Valonqar said:

Wait, doesn't that describe all A03 smut fics? :hahaha:

P.S. Basic Instinct should have been 69 for obvious reason. :ph34r:

Basically!  It was even ABO!

11 hours ago, Daxtreme said:

I'm already preparing my TV show top ships list  :ph34r:

11 hours ago, Valonqar said:

Me too! :hi5:

Y'all insane.  That'd be a bloodbath.  (We can discuss it though!!  Maybe November Premieres!)

And no reveals tonight.  Been sick all day and am just gonna call it a day.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

SOOOOOOOO...

To paraphrase an Elite Wrestler, "Who's ready for Storytime with Cap Bay-Bay."

I was preparing for the next batch of posts when I noticed that something about wrong with the upcoming entry.  It said it was on TWO lists, but when  I searched for the two lists (because I was looking for a Tie Breaker Rank to see the order to post them), I only came up with one.  

Season 6 What GIF by Paramount+

I did what any smart person would do in this scenario.  I ran to @Jason, Mr. Captain Spreadsheets himself, and asked him if he could run a quick formula to make sure everything was on the Up and Up.

Season 8 Episode 24 GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

No joke.  No joke.  Jason and I were literally on the phone for like an hour, but we figured it out.  It only took him having to write a formula, for the formula to not work because ALL of the data entries were different (the / v & v AND was a nightmare).  Then I had to reformat EVERY entry by hand to make sure all the movies and couples lined up EXACTLY.  And then he ran his formula again, and... there were still issues due to different data entries.  So I got off the phone with him, and I recounted the ENTIRE list manually.  To go BACK on the phone with him, for him to run his formula again, for... there to still be data point difference. Cause apparently we can't spell Philadelphia!  And the formula REALLY didn't like the multiple George and Marys or Marian and Robins.  Freaked right out at that!  Two hours later, we're confident the entire list is now accurate.

So, wait!  What the list NOT accurate!??!?!

Turns out -- We spent all day staring at a spread sheet to find out that... the list was like 97% accurate.  There was ONLY ONE ship that was ranked in 69 and higher that fell out of range.

That was Jo and Laurie from Little Women (2019). 

9e1b32892e71297cb1289697c0bfab5e.gif

I originally counted that as THREE lists.  Well, turns out, SOMEONE likes Amy and Laurie better. It was only Jo and Laurie with TWO lists, and Amy and Laurie with ONE. Another case of shipping wars splitting the movie total.  I will go back tomorrow and edit that into original #70 post, which is where Jo and Laurie landed.

I will reveal what list SHOULD have made the Top 69, but didn't when we get to its REAL position on the Countdown. (And TBH, it's an absolute laugh riot.)

Alanis Morissette Reaction GIF by MOODMAN  

When the whole list is completed, I will share the Google Document for you can see both lists, and you can see all of the work.  Trying to be as transparent as possible here.

Jason also suggested if we do this again, esp for the TV Ship List, that we move everything to a Google Form.  🤪

Meanwhile, I am done staring at spreadsheets for the evening.  Time for to take the sleep meds and watch Drag Race.  We're going to pick back up everything tomorrow!

AND I CAN NOT STRESS THIS ENOUGH!  THANK YOU TO JASON.  VOTE FOR HIM IN THE BOFFYS FOR THE MVP!!

Captain America Reaction GIF  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Astonished 3

On 2/27/2022 at 10:42 AM, Eric Says Trans Rights said:

AYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

....wait a minute.

I love when people find my gifts I leave for them. 😜

15 POINTS, 2 LISTS, Av PTS 7.5, HR 5

Nandini / Sameer

from

Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam

1515a32e1558287caa2f8d6e8745600c7a77410a

ceb6a999edb40d1bfd67dc3bee8bd49859ef06f4

1acea42faf1c31eca2910cbb5d7df61e00249c6d

Screen Shot 2022-02-28 at 9.53.22 PM.png

Prompt: Nandini falling asleep in Sameer's lap. Sameer holds Nandini close and doesn't move from their spot for hours.

We pick back up with our first Bollywood entry.  The most world woman on the planet is betrothed to one man yet loves another.  What more could you ask for?

AO3: There's no AO3 fic for this -- if you find any fic, I will link it -- but here's a pretty cool analysis on the film!!

• Like 7

15 POINTS, 2 LISTS, Av PTS 7.5, HR 3

Samantha / Theodore Twonbly

from

Her

db0f70a8790910b6f24f7b828270c8b777037c09

af0154c735e21449df2e438ba790a2f38d984a59

Screen Shot 2022-02-28 at 10.12.01 PM.png

Prompt: Samantha and Theodore playing on the swings at a small playground that nobody goes to anymore.

Who doesn't want to bonk Alexia, right, am I right?

AO3 TAG

• Like 4

15 POINTS, 3 LISTS, Av PTS 5, HR 2

Jodhaa / Akbar

from

Jodha Akbar

68cd2418c49852864aad89ed5b3d3b16a9dbb83b

Screen Shot 2022-02-28 at 10.20.55 PM.png

Prompt: Jodhaa hurt their ankle and is laid up with a cast and crutches.  Akbar is sitting next to them, doodling little hearts on their cast to cheer them up.

Aishwarya Rai Bachchan is back again with more epic romance!  Can a political marriage turn out to be true love?

AO3 TAG

• Like 6
  • Astonished 1

15 POINTS, 4 LISTS, Av PTS 3.5, HR 19

Jessica Rabbit / Roger Rabbit

from

Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

a74812e3c3fdc46b992404d4df27af62aa02fbeb

fea0a88e8b448469ec4d5dae2b6307830b483cf0

Screen Shot 2022-02-28 at 10.44.13 PM.png

Prompt: Roger and Jessica are about to kiss when instead they accidentally hit foreheads really hard and have matching bruises.

It's not love, they're just drawn that way.

AO3 TAG

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

15.5 POINTS, 3 LISTS, Av PTS 5.16, HR 4

Madeleine / Scottie

from

Vertigo

581fe52c54c75113ed2bdb482eef42d5e236b900

Screen Shot 2022-02-28 at 10.49.59 PM.png

Prompt: Scottie's mom gives Scottie and Madeleine very cheesy, matching shirts/sweaters/scarfs.  Madeleine does their very best to pretend that they love it.

Sometimes love is sunshine and rainbows and kisses in the rain.  

Sometimes it's obsession.  Dark, twisted, overpowering obsession.

AO3 TAG

• Like 4