Eric Prime

THE BATMAN WEEKEND THREAD | 134M OW DOM, 258.2M WW | Biggest WB opening since BvS. First non Disney-affiliated 100M OW since 2018

Anything over 120M is very good in my opinion. Why? Because on the one hand, ofc, its Batman, but on the other hand, these are the last few theatrical films with Batman in a larger role:

Batman v Superman (2016): A very terrible film with shit legs.

The Lego Batman Movie: Very good movie but its a lego film.

Justice League (2017): A very terrible film with a shit opening and mediocre legs.

Batman as a name and brand stands for bad live-action movies in the last few years. Audiences dont just forget that and many of the GA also doesnt give an Alfred about reviews or online hype. For a franchise starter that is aiming to position Batman as a symbol not only for justice, but also for good filmmaking, a start with 120M+ OW and 300M+ DOM imo would be very good.

And still, it could get higher for OD than 55 or 58M. The time for meltdowns is not yet here and i believe a number around 120M OW also doesnt warrant a meltdown.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Yeah but Avengers isn't.

There's a difference between direct sequels and crossover series like Avengers.

Yeah so Justice League wasn’t a sequel to anything. Batman vs superman is.

Saw The Batman last night.

I’m a huge Batman fan and I wasn’t a fan of the casting, I had zero expectations for this movie and was blown away, absolutely loved it in every aspect, honestly I’d put it above all the other Batman films(minus The Dark Knight). 

Dano’s Riddler isn’t too far of a drop from Ledger’s Joker!

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, KJsooner said:

Saw The Batman last night.

I’m a huge Batman fan and I wasn’t a fan of the casting, I had zero expectations for this movie and was blown away, absolutely loved it in every aspect, honestly I’d put it above all the other Batman films(minus The Dark Knight). 

Dano’s Riddler isn’t too far of a drop from Ledger’s Joker!

Dano overacted a bit at times, imo.

• Like 2
  • Disbelief 1