The Wild Eric

THE BATMAN WEEKEND THREAD | 134M OW DOM, 258.2M WW | Biggest WB opening since BvS. First non Disney-affiliated 100M OW since 2018

15 minutes ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

Exactly, this movie is a different, darker depiction of the characters so I don't think villains would seem redundant. (Personally, like I said I'd prefer like Manbat or something, just speaking generally). If anything, a new Freeze would probably excite people. Don't think a new Dent can top Eckhart but he's probably necessary in this version TBH.

I'm also a bit conflicted on how Robin would be received. He seems like the next evolution that would gain huge headlines and it would be unlike the recent films, but Ive always assumed he's kind of divisive? And that most people just want to see Batman lol

I think Robin just has a bad reputation from B&R. A well acted Robin with a good dynamic with Batman would work very well imo. I think he would give Battinson an interesting challenge as well.

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1

15 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

Super early, but let's go with $46m to rev this thread way up.  

I will stalk yo ass all over America if this doesn't hold.

57M + 46M = 103M. 130-135M weekend seems about right.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Menor Reborn said:

I think Robin just has a bad reputation from B&R. A well acted Robin with a good dynamic with Batman would work very well imo. I think he would give Battinson an interesting challenge as well.

Stephanie Brown or Carrie Kelley Robin would make for an interesting dynamic. Surprised no one’s done them in live action yet.

• Like 1

Just now, ThomasNicole said:

Yesterday the thread was freaking out with Deadline saying 110M OW, now it's possible we're getting 103M in 2 days and nobody is here

It is Saturday night, people are too busy getting drunk and having sex.

• Haha 5

So, the family saw the Batman...it is the best Batman arc ever done in a movie.  Robert Pattison was great as Bats and Matt Reeves absolutely gets how Bats would develop into the superhero you see in the comics.  I LOVE his take.

The whole family gave it A/A-s.  I'm in the A- camp, but if I could convince Reeves to cut 5 minutes from one scene and maybe skip another, it would be an A.  It's about 10 minutes of editing from A level.

So, GO SEE BATS!  It's perfect for right now...like Spidey, it's hitting the zeitgeist at the exact right time.  Totally different tone, but totally right for right now.  

• Like 4

1 hour ago, ThomasNicole said:

Warner have an entire multiverse to do others Batmans, in fact they will do in November and since it's a flash movie the tone will be way lighter and with "Young" appeal 

WB don't need to change anything in Reeves universe to do that

This is exactly what I was gonna post. Nightwing was “apparently” already cast and will be in Batgirl as well.

All I know is I just watched the best cbm movie I’ve seen since Infinity War. The Batman to me was perfect, the cast was amazing and Pattinson is by far the best Batman ever on screen but I need to see more of him as Bruce. Reeves totally understands what a Batman movie should be. I can’t wait for the second one. 

Two Batman movies now in my top 5 cbm

Edited by cax16
  • Like 4

when i saw it, the room was pretty empty, apart from us it was only 4 other people. That surprised me for a saturday afternoon show. a group of three in front of us and one dude in the back who would occasionally take pictures w/ the flash on. not even during like cool shots or whatever just random moments of two people talking.

2 hours ago, Cap said:

Why!!!!

There are more than 5 villains in his rogue gallery!!

No joke I’d be more excited if they’re like he’s gonna fight calendar man then if he fights two-face again.

Do Tommy Elliot/Hush! ESP if this Batman is gonna be dating Selina full time. (I haven’t seen the movie yet. But I assume that Selena is a big part of it considering she is half of the marketing!)

I honestly wouldn't mind Mr Freeze and the last live action adaption was over 20 years ago! Likewise with Poison Ivy. 

• Thanks 1